Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump will NOT address the British Parliament
Yeah but we piss away money into other countries while our infrastructure goes to shit. Its like buying your neighbor new shutters while your shingles are falling off and you roof leaks. We need to take care of us first. I'm not saying not to help others we need to take care of ourselves then our allies, then who ever else is left.

I'll leave you with a quote from Sylvester Stallone in the movie Over The Top " You have to do what's best for you, the world meets no one half way"

InbetweenDreams Wrote:No Trump hasn't thrown anyone in a furnace yet... I am more curious about why you feel that Obama disliked people serving in the military?

Cut our combat brigade in half, gave us low pay raises and forcefully integrated women into mens jobs. Just to name a few things.

I dont want to argue with anyone but Im saying this is my world view.

Doc Wrote:Cut our combat brigade in half, gave us low pay raises and forcefully integrated women into mens jobs. Just to name a few things.

I'm mostly curious. Not saying your wrong about any of this...

Do you feel that women were forced to take positions and not wanting the positions? You do mention mens jobs...

I do think there's no way you can compensate someone enough for potentially giving their life to serve in the military.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

No, women are allowed to serve in mens roles when they physically dont measure up, but for the sake of inclusion the were allowed and thats BS in my book. I can explain more and I would like too later but I have to go to class now.

Doc Wrote:Cut our combat brigade in half, gave us low pay raises and forcefully integrated women into mens jobs. Just to name a few things.

I had a friend who was low ranked but served several times in Iraq.
He had that issue as well as far as women on the front lines.
And honestly I do to, because being in his position I would.
He gave me several examples of how it was making things worse.

That is one major case political correctness bit us.

Doc Wrote:No, women are allowed to serve in mens roles when they physically dont measure up, but for the sake of inclusion the were allowed and thats BS in my book. I can explain more and I would like too later but I have to go to class now.

Makes good sense. Hey, that's why I asked, because you know what I'm sure a lot of people want to say oh that's sexist...and some still might say so but I do agree with you and many people want to pretend that men and women are equal...no not true, at least not physically in most cases. Yeah I'm sure you can find a woman who's built like a brick shit house and can kick all of our asses but that's not often the case.

Anyway, was curious to hear your opinion on things...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Doc Wrote:Yeah but we piss away money into other countries while our infrastructure goes to shit. Its like buying your neighbor new shutters while your shingles are falling off and you roof leaks. We need to take care of us first. I'm not saying not to help others we need to take care of ourselves then our allies, then who ever else is left.

I'll leave you with a quote from Sylvester Stallone in the movie Over The Top " You have to do what's best for you, the world meets no one half way"

I understand the frustration at knowing we spend money abroad when things are far from perfect here. But I'd avoid blaming our internal problems on the money spent and given abroad.

It might be interesting to look into how much the USA spends in foreign aid, what it goes to, and the percentage of the budget it takes up. I would assume we aren't giving more to anywhere than we give to ourselves, and probably not by a long shot. I also would bet most of the money we spend and send abroad goes to protecting our interests, either in terms of the resources we want easy or relatively easy access to, or to protect our security/political interests.

I see it less as buying the neighbor shutters while our roof is leaking and more like we are the mansion on the block buying a septic tank for the shack next door so their shit doesn't ruin our lawn, and paying the electricity bill for the 2 bedroom house around the corner so they don't develop a nuclear program to power their stove and risk them blowing up the neighborhood, or paying a dog sitter to watch the neighbor across the streets dog so that it doesn't strap explosives around its waist and blow up the playground at the local preschool. And probably arming the cats that hang out in the sand box, so that if the dog tries, they can take it out before too many toddlers die.

I could be wrong, but I'm tired and on the subway, so my connection is going in and out. I'll let someone else do the hard work for me.

The age old military industrial complex is to blame for some of the U.S. problems. For those who disagree, conservatives generally, the great Eisenhower spoke against it.

Doc Wrote:No, women are allowed to serve in mens roles when they physically dont measure up, but for the sake of inclusion the were allowed and thats BS in my book. I can explain more and I would like too later but I have to go to class now.

I agree with this. I don't think women have any business being in the military, and anybody who says otherwise doesn't understand what physical combat is about or care about the safety of the individuals involved in it.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

InbetweenDreams Wrote:I do agree with you and many people want to pretend that men and women are equal...no not true, at least not physically in most cases.

Men and women are not, never have been, and never will be equal. Plain simple truth that some people just can't wrap their head around.
''Do I look civilized to you?''