Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twinks
Okay this is something that I have always found interesting when I was in the gay community and I was dating and going out all the time and it was the attitude of the twinks or guys that were between 18 and 25 years old and the attutude that if you were over 30 they had no interest in you and would think that older guys would always be interested in them no matter what.

Well I came out when I was 22 years old and I never considered myself a twink at all and sure I would be kind of standoffish to people that just gave me a bad vibe but I wouldn't reject not wanting to get to know someone that was older.

Now I am not trying to offend the twinks out there by saying that you are a twink. I am talking about the guys that would label themselves a twink and acted like they were the hot shit and that everyone loved them, those type of guys. I always couldn't stand those type of guys when I was out and just thought that it was hilarious, kind of sad on there part as well.

When you were younger and you came out of the closet did you think you were the shit? That you were the best person in the world and that the world revolved around you? I mean why do kids these days act that way or why do they act that way in general.

Sorry its just something that has been in my head and I am trying to clear my head and have a garage sale so if I have some weird random posts is because of the sale and moving out, lol.

Can you believe that twinkies came back so fast? lol

Jason74 Wrote:Okay this is something that I have always found interesting when I was in the gay community and I was dating and going out all the time and it was the attitude of the twinks or guys that were between 18 and 25 years old and the attutude that if you were over 30 they had no interest in you and would think that older guys would always be interested in them no matter what.

Well I came out when I was 22 years old and I never considered myself a twink at all and sure I would be kind of standoffish to people that just gave me a bad vibe but I wouldn't reject not wanting to get to know someone that was older.

Now I am not trying to offend the twinks out there by saying that you are a twink. I am talking about the guys that would label themselves a twink and acted like they were the hot shit and that everyone loved them, those type of guys. I always couldn't stand those type of guys when I was out and just thought that it was hilarious, kind of sad on there part as well.

When you were younger and you came out of the closet did you think you were the shit? That you were the best person in the world and that the world revolved around you? I mean why do kids these days act that way or why do they act that way in general.

Sorry its just something that has been in my head and I am trying to clear my head and have a garage sale so if I have some weird random posts is because of the sale and moving out, lol.

I was a Twink and I still have some twinkish features in me... Mostly my body, most actual twinks cannot compete and they will often get older and find out how silly they were. Give them some time, to me they just don't understand yet that the body will not always follow. So they may as well want to broaden their horizons or they'll be very sorry later. I'm married to a former twink who still look very much like a twink today... But although he's one sexy guy it never went too much all the way up to his head and I can tell that Alex is much more happier than so many of them. It's often just an act... you shouldn't be frustrated at them, you're real they aren't. Reality will slap them back hard.

I think they may think that been a twink is everyone's desire because all magazines and web sites gay or straight all promote that age group as the perfect body...youthful looking, good skin, skinny etc...and if you fit most of that criteria then you must be desirable to all -they are just believing and mirroring the pre-set notion of what is sexy...

in the real world we have bear lovers, muscles lovers, fem lovers - the list goes on and they couldn't care about the twink body

In my youth I was the "shit" as you called it. I still got "it" whatever it is that gets guys all hot and bothered and wanting to subject me to their brand of a bad romance.

I was the 'twink' in build, but not the twink in mind. Well except when drunk/drugged up then I became a real bitch, lead a guy on, get a free drink or three then proceed to read him all of his flaws and why he never had a chance with 'all of this'.

How good was I at it? I had a $300 a week habit and rarely if ever had to actually buy my own drugs. Drinks flowed freely at every bar.

I was young and dumb and mean.... I'm just mean now.

Fortunately for the world I'm not motivated by collecting notches on my bed-post. Had been I would have done a lot more damage at bars and clubs and left a trail of broken hearts.

There's really a fine line here between the topic "Twink"-ism, and Age-ism.

I'm not sure if I was a twink or not, but in my 20's, I was rather repulsed by the old lecherous drunks in the seedy gay bars I went to (pretty much all there was back then), and how they were so grabby.

Now that I'm 47 and on the other side of the coin, I do find young guys attractive to look at. I don't know that I could have a relationship with one? I suppose it's possible. I do also feel like times have changed, and younger guys are looking for older more now. I'm unsure if it's a "Sugar Daddy" type thing or not.

To be 100% in line with the OP's question, YES... I have seen the pretty boys who act like they're god's gift to gaydom.

Never had time for pathological twinks. Even when I was the age and the design to be one.

Still don't now that I'm not.

I always knew that looks are always fleeting but being interested in and being able to socialize with all age groups was a reward in itself. I was as happy in the dance club as in the piano bar known in the community as 'The Open Grave' in Toronto.

I do love the young guys though that have an air of self-confidence and style and who understand that it is possible to be admired and even swooned over by someone over the age of 30 without carrying on as though they are being perved on by the Cryptkeeper.

Jason74 Wrote:Okay this is something that I have always found interesting when I was in the gay community and I was dating and going out all the time and it was the attitude of the twinks or guys that were between 18 and 25 years old and the attutude that if you were over 30 they had no interest in you and would think that older guys would always be interested in them no matter what.

LOL....I never thought I was hot shit or even good looking for that matter but other people seemed to think so for some reason.....

...and I know the type you are talking about...UGH. I worked in a gay bar from the day after I turned 21. I was there on my birthday and they asked me if I wanted a job. I had never thought about it before but it sounded kinda fun ad I could go to college and do that ...so I did it. It wasn't long before I met the guys you are talking about. I called them assholes. I don't make fun of other people....the way they look...never did...and so hanging out with them for me was like oil and water. They liked to tear other people apart for fun...not my thing.

My favorite "twink" memory. There were these two guys who thought they were the hottest buys on the planet (BARF).....and they never had any boyfriend or partners because no one was ever hot enough for them....(the truth is no one liked them except for their mirror)...and they wanted to give me advice on how to become an 8 or a 9. LOL. Unsolicited advice. They thought I was a 6 or a 7 but with their helpful tips I could become and 8 or a 9. I wanted to burst out laughing...I almost did...but I composed myself and instead of saying what I wanted to say I told them that earlier when I mentioned I was hungry I had a handful of guys jump up and run out to get me food and bring it back. I also had guys who catered to everything I wanted...they washed my glasses...massaged me...cleaned the tables for me...I usually had a lot of guys at any given time who wanted to date me. I offered them my leftovers....no way could I ever eat that much.

East Wrote:LOL....I never thought I was hot shit or even good looking for that matter but other people seemed to think so for some reason.....

...and I know the type you are talking about...UGH. I worked in a gay bar from the day after I turned 21. I was there on my birthday and they asked me if I wanted a job. I had never thought about it before but it sounded kinda fun ad I could go to college and do that ...so I did it. It wasn't long before I met the guys you are talking about. I called them assholes. I don't make fun of other people....the way they look...never did...and so hanging out with them for me was like oil and water. They liked to tear other people apart for fun...not my thing.

My favorite "twink" memory. There were these two guys who thought they were the hottest buys on the planet (BARF).....and they never had any boyfriend or partners because no one was ever hot enough for them....(the truth is no one liked them except for their mirror)...and they wanted to give me advice on how to become an 8 or a 9. LOL. Unsolicited advice. They thought I was a 6 or a 7 but with their helpful tips I could become and 8 or a 9. I wanted to burst out laughing...I almost did...but I composed myself and instead of saying what I wanted to say I told them that earlier when I mentioned I was hungry I had a handful of guys jump up and run out to get me food and bring it back. I also had guys who catered to everything I wanted...they washed my glasses...massaged me...cleaned the tables for me...I usually had a lot of guys at any given time who wanted to date me. I offered them my leftovers....no way could I ever eat that much.

I think I have encountered these people or their cousins. It is not fem/gentle mannerisms I find repulsive, it's that "mean girls" vibe and the notion that your $#!+ doesn't stink. I usually just tell them "when I leave a bar I have a good man waiting at home, what u got?"

ShiftyNJ Wrote:I think I have encountered these people or their cousins. It is not fem/gentle mannerisms I find repulsive, it's that "mean girls" vibe and the notion that your $#!+ doesn't stink. I usually just tell them "when I leave a bar I have a good man waiting at home, what u got?"

Yeah..the mean girls vibe definitely sums those guys up. Thankfully...they are the extreme minority but they are so annoying...

It isn't pretty when they grow older...YIKES. I had one of them tell me he was happy he was dying (AIDS) because he wouldn't have to face the "horror" of losing his looks.

I have no idea why he though he was good looking...I thought he was a creep which negates the physical appearance in my eyes.

I always considered a twink to be young(ish) and fit, the attitude was never in the definition to me.
There are young gay guys who are sweet hearts (have been dating one) then there are snoody stuck up assholes, but those types are in all communities.

When I was in school I was always fascinated by computers and I got made fun of allot as being a computer nerd. I would stay back from lunch and sit in the computer lab and piddle instead of eat. I would miss the buss on occasion or miss the bell to signal end/beggining of class while reading in the library. So I was a big nerd Big Grin I think all the jesting and negativity I received messed with my ego and I have never in my life felt like I was "hot shit". So I dont and never did have a superiority complex.