Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two things: one is important; one is frothy and frivolous.
mihai Wrote:1. Try gettin him out and show him that noone judges him and stuff. Ask him to not get the pills that day. Introduce him to the world and try to have a good time yourself, it's never easy to have fun when you have a booring person arround Big Grin
2. I am talking on skype with this shy dude from the forum Big Grin You are not hitin on anyone if you add him as friends

I'm going to have to disagree with you on your idea on pills and depression.
If the friend honestly and truly has depression, not just a legit sad about something, but a mental condition that interferes with his life and health, then NOT taking prescribed medication is a bad thing.
It's true that some doctors will just try to cure silly things that aren't issues with pills I suppose, but depression is not something you can simply shake off with will power.

princealbertofb Wrote:Mihai, it's actually a HEART attack... lol. And it could be a hard one too.

donno why i even writed hard atack Roflmao

I wouldn't go telling him the business about being a bad person and deserving only of punishment in hell and not a relationship with god.

sonofthemanse Wrote:Thanks for your advice. I'm dead chuffed with myself because I've been trying to give him affirmations as often as possible. WOOP WOOP! Thanks again.

What kind of affirmations?

Just the usual sort of 'you will get through this', 'you're not not alone', 'things will get better soon' sort of thing.

No, I don't tell him he's going to Hell! That's enough to give someone depression, never mind cure him of it.

Thanks for all your great advice, everyone. I really appreciate it!

When he is quiet and doesn't talk to you, it doesn't mean he is all right. On the contrary in fact.

you will have to be patient, depressive people sometimes behave like kids. I know I do, which when the depression attacks, makes me feel even worse (because I know it, it's just hard to fight it. I am not on any pills)

Just know that your simple being there and repeating the words you mentioned CAN save his life.

I have had depression diagnoses for many years (not lately) and I have a cupboard full of pills I was given to treat the depression...I take them for a few weeks and then I resent taking them so I have mostly full bottles...enough to treat an army......

I use two things to overcome my depression and since it has been years now since I have had any of the symptoms I am convinced I have the key to overcoming it...for ME....I dont' know what it takes for anyone else so I am not going to say that I have the definitive cure...but if you can help your friend by suggesting these things please do....

They altered our food many years ago and use preservatives and colorings that really don't belong in our bodies or brains...the two things I would use to overcome my depression that worked like magic was only eating FRESH...and forcing myself to exercise. Of course...once I felt better I would go right back to eating crap and then the cycle would begin again...I have long since stopped eating any crap and the result is that I have long since had any depression....

I know people dont' want to hear that because doctors (and pharmaceutical and food companies) have told us otherwise but that is my experience for what it is worth and hopefully it can help your friend.

Oh yeah...the friend thing here...I think it is totally innocent and nice....or at least that is my experience.

sonofthemanse Wrote:No, I don't tell him he's going to Hell! That's enough to give someone depression, never mind cure him of it.

That is what you have just told everyone on this forum.