Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK on fire!!
Looters are a bad thing but its just the sign of our times. Something isnt right in the UK any more. We need to do something about this, not just say grow up. Anyone could say that. The govermant has cut so much. In Chippenham now there is only one youth club how stupid is that?

This from one of my older friends whoes in their late 40s, I cant put it any batter than he has:
Quote:well we were warned this goverment were going to take us all back to thatcherisim only worse, joe public can only take so much then it turns ,not that i agree with all this violence , but when you take from those who have nothing they kick back, if the goverment cracked down on things like huge pay rises for themselves, bankers who lose our money then get big bonuses, power companys who are putting up gas & electric when making millions profit then maybe the country would be in peace

Right Im off to sleep, got to sign on tomoz, what a joke lmao! I just want a simple job but these none about, even though I keep applying every week to 100s of them lol!

i also heard that a black man had died over there and they are starting a riot

It's more than a riot being started; there have been riots and police are having trouble containing them. Apparently London is tripling its police force, while another problem has been that the blackberry messaging system can't currently be traced so that's how rioters/etc are communicating. Things are in sad array across the world, the economy taking another turn for the worse here in the U.S., in Asia... and that above post sweetlad quoted is so true here as well. There are still record profits being made, but more and more is being cut from average people with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. My younger sis actually just lost her job on Friday Sad (if anyone has any job leads in Omaha area for someone with an interior design background, leaning towards the commercial vs residential side, please PM me).

I know we have a lot of people here in the UK, not necessarily in London but I hope all of you in any areas where there is rioting are staying safe. Hugs to all of you.

Well I have two points of view on this. The government sure is pissing everyone off, so it's no wonder people are finally snapping.

1. I understand the poorer class are getting pissed off. There's a lack of jobs, a lack of entertainment and virtually no way they can influence their situation. The rich stamp all over the poor, the banks take the piss and the big companies continue to hoard all of our nation's wealth. It's time for the poor to get a fair piece of the pie.

2. On the other hand, the rioters are seen to be part of the lower class "chav" sub-culture, often who are seeing as taking advantage of the welfare system out of sheer selfishness and opportunity. The rioting and looting is just taking their scuminess to the next level of opportunistic thieving.

I agree with number 2 more, but also 1. I don't blame the rioters specifically, as the education system fails to teach discipline and it's only human nature to be greedy.

The immediate response should be tasers and heavy handed policing, as I have little sympathy for violence. The police are seen as weak, so we've got to change that with a bit of an oompth. Tasers are safer than the current methods such as batons and punches they use, and at the same time incapacitate and inflict a lot of pain - two aspects which would help discourage others from rioting.

In the long run, people need to be indoctrinated with a sense of respect, that means reforming discipline at school and the legal system. Teachers shouldn't discipline, moderators should be present in schools to enforce discipline. Detentions should be handed out liberally and expulsions should mean social welfare investigations. Prisons should be more like boot camp, no TV and no books. Release from prison depends on the full cooperation of the convict.

As for the guy who died. Well if he did shoot at police, then thank god the police killed him. Another seriously violent person dead. Oh the horror! </sarcasm>

So yeah, not having much sympathy for these youth at the moment.

You should have no sympathy whatsoever for these guys, whatever their circumstances, and should not try to make excuses for them. They are louts and thugs and have no respect for anyone, and that's the end of it!

We in Australia saw images of a young boy laying injured, helped up only to have looters steal his possessions straight out of his backpack while he was still wearing it...This is just not on and if it were upto me, I would have had those scum looters shot on the spot, made me so angry.

It just seems to me that the rioters are rioting for no rhyme or reason other than to riot and loot, catch them all and chuck them on a deserted island and let them rot....they obviously have nothing of value to contribute to society.

We have police in the next town from us and few hours away on standby incase of riots i heard, but even though companys are putting prices up the riots are not the right way to go about it and everyone or most people in UK are feeling the pinch of the prices going up.

dfiant Wrote:... catch them all and chuck them on a deserted island and let them rot....they obviously have nothing of value to contribute to society.
As an Australian I'd have thought you'd have been more aware than most that we tried that before Wink

I've been in France with PA for the past week. Honestly, can't turn your back for a second these days.

Cameron and his pet monkey, Clegg, have presided over some swingeing cuts and people are suffering. I have often thought we are too docile a nation in the face of the greed and abuse of the bosses, but turning on each other is neither productive nor imaginative.

Shameful.

One friend of ours (on this list still, I believe) runs a shop in the Midlands and last night the shop next door to his and the bank across the street were damaged. Close call.

Braz, I hope for you sake nothing eventuates and you stay safe ;-)

sweetlad2010 Wrote:The govermant has cut so much. In Chippenham now there is only one youth club how stupid is that?

Is there any evidence that youth clubs prevent riots? Has there been rioting in Chippenham?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.