Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US 2020 Election - Biden vs Trump
[Image: -images-stories-2020-2020-09-2020-09-30_us-election.jpg]

OMG... he's almost there with only 32 to go! Wink

Joe Biden 238

270 to win

Donald Trump 213
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Looks like it will come down to Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and Michigan. Of course, Trump is already calling the election a fraud and says he won while votes are still being counted.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

He's such a sore loser! LOL Definitely like a toddler in a septuagenarian body! Big Grin
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

(11-04-2020, 11:49 AM)andy Wrote: He's such a sore loser! LOL Definitely like a toddler in a septuagenarian body! Big Grin

That is very true and the fact the election is this close shows that Americans would vote for anyone....Baked Potato, you name it.

Biden has to get Michigan and Wisconsin. I think that Biden will have Arizona and Nevada, but Pennsylvania I think there's too much of a gap...so it is possible that Biden will get 271.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

I'm not even American but I really hope Biden will win.
[-] The following 2 members Like Tjemka88's post:
  • andy, LJay

Comes to mind but maybe less dramatic! Wink

So looking closer at the results now. This is probably going to be closer than the 2016 election in every way imaginable. No doubt that Biden will win the popular vote by a large margin, some 2-3 million votes.

Right now, I do think it is too close to call states like Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and the one congressional district in Maine. Several of the more populous counties in these states haven't finished counting ballots.. Pennsylvania in particular 75% of the vote is in but the remaining 25% is still to come in from larger cities like Pittsburgh and Philadelphia which could close the gap. Same goes for Georgia and Michigan.

Right now, I think Georgia will go to Trump ultimately. Wisconsin and Michigan will likely go to Biden. I think the popular vote will go to Biden in Maine, so that means Trump will get one electoral vote in Maine. Pennsylvania is a tough one since there's a large number of votes to come in, but it won't matter. That gives Biden exactly 270 electoral votes with Trump winning Pennsylvania.

Of course, there will be legal battles, Trump will do anything he can to have votes thrown out because he doesn't believe in democracy. I mean when you hear him say, before the election result are in, that the election is a fraud, stop counting votes because I'm going to the supreme court...that just says it all. Yet, 3 out of 4 people in the area I live in voted for Trump.

That being said, I was surprised at Texas because for a while Biden and Trump were neck and neck but not surprised it went to Trump. Texas hasn't been won by a democrat since 1976 so...
Check out my stuff!

I'm not counting any chickens before they are hatched. I am hoping and praying that Trump loses.

However, the Democrats did not win any seats in Senate, even though they were predicted to take three. This means that even if Biden wins, all of Trump's supporters are still there, and will do all they can to block anything Biden tries to accomplish.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I realize I live in a (blue) bubble. Before the election I was lead to believe that the senate would be flipped and that Biden would have an easy way to 270. Florida and even Texas would be in play. Last night was a horror show and I’m really glad I went to sleep at a normal hour. This morning I have to stop myself from checking on the numbers every 5 minutes.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

At least now we know folks in Pennsylvania don't mind artificial earthquakes and their tap water catching on fire 

[Image: p3AfTeJ.gif]