Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US 2020 Election - Biden vs Trump
OK, I finally turned on the TV this mornng to see the news.  President Skunk is behaving like a petulant 5 year old who has just lost his Teddy bear and is having a tantrum.
There's a very funny video on TicTok that puports to show Skunk in the White House havng a tantrum and screaming "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go."
At least Biden is  being very moderate so far and is not claiming the Presidency.
Once the inevitable sinks in to Skunk that he has lost,  I am wondering what he will say to the American public?  And will he attend Biden's inauguration on the 20th January with his wife?
And we needed 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics to tell us this?

uk.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-worst-president-us-history-say-political-experts-101511895.html

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The election continues to drag on, but signs continue to point to Biden winning.

Stats below taken from Yahoo, as of 10:30 today.

There are currently six states in question.

Alaska has Trump ahead by almost 55,000 votes, and only half of their votes are counted.

North Carolina has Trump ahead by almost 77,000 votes, and 99% of their votes have been counted. 

If Trump wins these two states, it brings his total up to 232, which isn't enough to win.

Pennsylvania has Biden ahead by almost 29,000 votes, with 99% of their votes counted

Georgia has Biden ahead by 7,200 votes, with 99% of their votes counted.

Nevada has Biden ahead by over 22,000 votes, with 99% of their votes counted.

Arizona is the odd state.  Some outlets have already called it for Biden, however, they are still counting votes.  So, some news outlets have it in Biden's total already, and others don't.  Arizona has Biden ahead by almost 30,000 votes, with 90% of their votes counted.

If you don't count Arizona in Biden's amounts, his total count is 253.  If the states that have Biden winning get called for Biden, he will have 306, which passes the 270 mark and makes him the winner.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126

Well, the Associated Press just called Pennsylvania for Biden, and declared him the winner.

Big Grin
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126

(11-07-2020, 05:32 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: Well, the Associated Press just called Pennsylvania for Biden, and declared him the winner.

Big Grin

Yeahhhhhhhhhh
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

But remember; it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

290 vs 214 Wink

[Image: 800.jpeg]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Big Grin

[Image: Trump-throws-toys-out-of-pram-over-wall-...1032&ssl=1]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Ok, it seems as if JB has won this election. I do not expect Lord T to go without a fight but I trust that the peaceful transfer of power that has been the norm for American presidents will prevail.

I for one I'm happy that this horrible excuse for a human being will apparently get kicked out of the White House, if nothing weird and unexpected happens.

I'm a little uneasy as to what is to come.

I mean, Lord T became the second most voted candidate in US history with this turnout and that is very hard to ignore (never minding that it's a good sign that so many people voted period).

I still don't understand why so many people want to keep him in office beyond the "always-will-vote-Republican-s" and the (what I think is a) minority of people that do think as horribly as he does, to the extent his rhetoric goes, all his alt-right crap, etc. I don't think that many US peeps think that way, but are so many people willing to ignore this side of him and give him a vote anyway?

And because of what?

MAGA? Well, that didn't happen. If anything the image of the US (global leadership, trustworthiness, flawed but healthy democratic system) has gone downhill because of him and with good reason. The US is not in better shape that it was 4 years ago.

As much as tough-on-China gets bipartisan support his take on it has caused more damage to American citizens than to China, hitting those farmers that vastly voted for him to prop them up harder! Are so many jobs back within US frontiers to say that the Rust Belt is again the industrial epicenter it once was?  Not that I've heard, but feel free to give me some numbers.

Then there is our best 2020 friend, SARS-CoV-2

Lord T is hardly alone in the club of leadership that mishandled the pandemic, but I can't believe 70 million people really look to near 250k deaths and unchecked spread of the infection and all the economic havoc that the virus wrecks, all of which was avoidable if by ANY country, by the US, had appropriate measures been taken in time and say...yeah I'll vote for him anyway. Are all of these 70 mill people also against scientific evidence? I don't think so. 

Addicted as many US citizens are to not wear masks, to refuse lockdowns and social distancing over some seriously misconstrued visions of "freedom", I can't manage to think that this amounts to 70 mill people. 

And are we seriously going to ignore his many authoritarian tendencies and actions and general disregard for the rule of law when it suited him and his inner circle?

I simply don't get it.

And this is something the coming administration and the next ones will have to deal with. 

Yes, yes, I'm not a US citizen but I am a person living in this planet and it will remain an obvious concern for all of us planet Earth-dwellers what global powers do and do not do and who they elect to run things.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Insertnamehere's post:
  • ceez

Well it’s all over the news here that Biden’s won.

Well done America! As I said to myself in 2008 after using some tanning moisturiser that smelt like beef, “as long as you learn from your orange mistakes it’ll all be okay”.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

There are not enough words to express how relieved I am.

Smile

Van Jones from CNN was reporting with Anderson Cooper.  Anderson turned and asked him about his feelings, and this is how he replied.

[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • ceez, InbetweenDreams