Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unprotected sex that could lead to HIV infection
I've read thousands of these types of pleas on the internet. I'm curious why people wait until after the sex to worry?? Condoms work 1000 better before sex, not after.

Getting tested every two months is good, but how many guys has he been with unsafe in those 60 days between tests? Those are the ones you need to worry about.

Getting tested right after the event won't be helpful at all and the person administering the test should explain that. The only helpful thing after an incident would be to obtain Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) if available in your locale. And I believe that PEP would need to be administered within 72 hours. But once you're determined to test negative, you might want to take precaution in the future by starting PreP, if available to you and you think you'll engage in risky behavior in the future.

No one can determine your risk for certain of course, but if your buddy is regularly tested and didn't ejaculate inside you, you're probably on the "lower" end of the risk spectrum; but still did take a risk since it was unprotected. With that said, you're certainly not the first to take that risk (it happens all the time), so just use it to be smarter in the future and take control of your health with the latest prevention methods available to you.

Pacific Wrote:Getting tested right after the event won't be helpful at all and the person administering the test should explain that. The only helpful thing after an incident would be to obtain Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) if available in your locale. And I believe that PEP would need to be administered within 72 hours. But once you're determined to test negative, you might want to take precaution in the future by starting PreP, if available to you and you think you'll engage in risky behavior in the future.

No one can determine your risk for certain of course, but if your buddy is regularly tested and didn't ejaculate inside you, you're probably on the "lower" end of the risk spectrum; but still did take a risk since it was unprotected. With that said, you're certainly not the first to take that risk (it happens all the time), so just use it to be smarter in the future and take control of your health with the latest prevention methods available to you.

I'm no longer worried to be honest cuz the dude i took a risk with said he tests every two months and you guys say that one has to test every two months to make sure he is negative so I guess he knows what he is doing and like you said since there was no ejaculation then I took a very low risk .. It's almost been a week since the incident and I feel super duper ... also, incase you guys didn't know ... HIV patients are very rare here they are almost 500 here and the population here is 9 million people so it's rlly RLLY low.. So all I know is that I am definitely negative and I dodged a bullet only this time... I'll take lots of precautions in the future. Thank you so much for your support ...

verysimple Wrote:I'm no longer worried to be honest cuz the dude i took a risk with said he tests every two months and you guys say that one has to test every two months to make sure he is negative so I guess he knows what he is doing and like you said since there was no ejaculation then I took a very low risk .. It's almost been a week since the incident and I feel super duper ... also, incase you guys didn't know ... HIV patients are very rare here they are almost 500 here and the population here is 9 million people so it's rlly RLLY low.. So all I know is that I am definitely negative and I dodged a bullet only this time... I'll take lots of precautions in the future. Thank you so much for your support ...

Re-test in a couple of months and if anything comes up, start treatment as soon as possible. Whatever you may think, you did take a risk. All the figures we get are just averages, but averages are made from high figures and low figures and we can't tell which figure you'd be on a scale of risks.... Don't be complacent. Test and be sure, for your mental sanity's sake.
It's better to be scared and get away with it than to go undetected and deteriorate. Take this as a lesson on personal life and choices management. Good luck, [MENTION=21000]verysimple[/MENTION].