Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update about my grandpa
mbennet35 Wrote:Good news he is allowed to come home tomorrow Smile

Good to hear!!

mbennet35 Wrote:Good news he is allowed to come home tomorrow Smile

That's wonderful news....given the situation, being with the family is always the best...

Hope all ends well, I lost my grandfather last year and I know how things can change in the blink of an eye- looks all nice and promising one moment, then go downhill. Then again, you have to hope for the best, whatever that may be.

I'm not a very optimistic person, so don't let me drag you down. Again, hope all goes well and here's a virtual hug in lieu of my driving to Pittsburgh (not doing that again) to give you a real one.

Bighug

Thank you. I understand that something could go wrong at anytime. It happens. I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best

Bad news. He is not coming home after all. They are sending him to a bigger hospital. If they can't do anything for him then he will come home to live the rest if his days.

mbennet35 Wrote:Bad news. He is not coming home after all. They are sending him to a bigger hospital. If they can't do anything for him then he will come home to live the rest if his days.

:frown:

Bighug

I'm so sorry

mbennet35 Wrote:Bad news. He is not coming home after all. They are sending him to a bigger hospital. If they can't do anything for him then he will come home to live the rest if his days.

Sad Sorry to hear this. Hang in there and try to spend time when you can.

Originally Posted by mbennet35 [Image: viewpost.gif]
Bad news. He is not coming home after all. They are sending him to a bigger hospital. If they can't do anything for him then he will come home to live the rest if his days.
I hope the hospital he is going to can find an answer and prolong his life, huge hugs, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

They say these things always happen in "three's".
And I have always found that to be true. Even of this situation.

I have a friend who's grandmother and father are both elderly and both live alone, and get sick quite often. My friend is always "on edge" because she doesnt know what will happen with either one of them from day to day. Just this past week, both of them were put into the hospital with infections.
They went home after a couple of days, but still.....my friend is stressed. Both of these people live on opposite ends of the area we live, so she has anywhere from an hour to three hour drive to get to them.
They are stubborn people too....refuse to sell their homes and live in a nice comfy retirement residence where there are oncall nurses.

So, she does what she can do, and thats about it.

My granny was just as stubborn. I keep kicking myself because I never spent enough time with her when she was failing. Sometimes I want to run myself into a brick wall because I was so useless.

Thats why I tell you to keep giving as many hugs as you can. I dont want you feeling guilty because you didnt give all the hugs you were able.

Keep giving those hugs, they make things a bit better.....thats not exactly what I mean, but Im going a little "stupid" because Im not coming up with the right words. I get this way when I think about my granny, sorry.

Hope this makes sense and doesnt offend.

Bighug

We got an update on my grandpa just a little bit ago. The cancer he has is really aggressive and if they don't start treatments he will die but if they do the treatments they could kill him.

Well he chose to get them. so in the next 5 days he will either die or be cancer free (or at least slowed down)