Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on my diet + intermittent fasting
I'm a bit upset because I put on 2 kgs recently (1,74m tall, 75 kgs).

It's no big deal, I still believe in intermittent fasting but I have been making a couple of mistakes:

a) Not enough water

b) Pushing my luck and eating too much crap during the 8 hour window;

c) Eating after 8 pm

d) Adding milk to my morning coffee - it may seem insignificant but it's not, anything above 35 cal. can set your body to 'weight gaining mode' (I'm not sure what the right term is but you know what I mean)

e) No exercise - there's not much I can do about it though, because of my new working schedule Sad

Like I said, I totally believe in intermittent fasting, it was a great find (I found out by accident!) but now I need to improve it and make the most of it.

Any tips and suggestions are more than welcome.

Here's an interesting video on the subject:

It can be non fat milk...oh, and 2 kgs is nothing, no worries

also, if your not having lunch I would suggest small snacks..

dry fruits, almonds, peanuts are good..

small portions but eating more frequently..that should keep you full and make you aboid eating to much at once or eating past 8 pm

I've been doing a lot of this stuff even before I've seen this vid.

Drinking lemon water or just plain water does help a lot. Also curbs
your appetite. I drink loads of water, before a meal and then after. I also
try to drink water before and after bed time. Get one of those tall plastic
bottle things, I just try to keep mines full throughout the day.

I've been doing meal preps as of the past weeks or so mostly because it's
just easier to make a ton, then just portion them out in plastic containers
and just heat and eat.

I don't eat fast food/resto food, so this is easy for me.

Maybe I'll try and drink my coffee/tea w/o sugar.. Euurgh, I hope it's not
too bad Wink

good luck~

The only times I fast, is from the time it takes me to get up from my chair and walk to the fridge.

Rofl

I would suggest more fruits and vegetables. You an fill your belly without consuming that many calories.

Another thing you may want to try is 'grazing'. Grazing is where you eat a stead stream of food spread out over the day instead of three big meals. The idea is to eat a little, to energize the body, but not try to over fill the belly. After a few months the stomach shrinks and it takes less to keep you feeling full so you automatically eat less.

Water is essential to everything healthy you do!

I've been watching the Vitalesvlog lately and Laura Vitale's new year's resolution is to drink out of this bottle http://www.amazon.com/Bluewave-Water-Jug...d_sim_sg_5

It's 2.2 litres in volume so you can carry it with you and be burning energy while you get the right amount of water per day, preferably drink more than just this much though.

I agree with the other posts...

Water - check!

Reduce consumption of sodium - Excess salt can retain water and leave your face bloated (learned my lessons there).

Eat raw veggies or fruits when you feel hungry in between meals and not chips nor chocolates

Self control, lol.

And when i think I ate a lot, i try to jog

justbry87 Wrote:[...] Drinking lemon water [...]

I know this is a stupid question but what is lemon water, exactly? Lemon juice + water?

This morning I had my coffee black, no sugar, no milk, and I can already feel the difference! Smile

MisterLove Wrote:I know this is a stupid question but what is lemon water, exactly? Lemon juice + water?

Personally I wouldn't drink lemon water because constant consumption of it is bad for your teeth, and stomach because of the acid.

Maybe it's the different taste of water regionally, but I really love the taste of water just as it is.

If you want the taste of lemon in water, maybe just get some of the zest in strips and add that to your water! That way you get a concentrated lemon flavour without the acidity.

That's the other thing, I hate drinking acidic drinks, they really hurt my throat and leave this disgusting mucus-y phlegmy feeling in my mouth. Whenever I drink anything other than water I always have to rinse my mouth out, otherwise it's very uncomfortabel