Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the toilet and you get an important phone call...
LJay Wrote:Don't you remember all the hullabaloo about Martha Mitchell and her phone by the bathtub? Elefant

No. Who's Martha Mitchell and what about her 'phone. by the bathtub?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Martha Mitchell (I think I have the name right.) was the wife of the US Attorney General during the Nixon Watergate Scandal. She commented on affairs while using the phone located by her bathtub. The location of her phone was nearly as interesting to people as her comments, as I recall. Martha was a wag.
I bid NO Trump!

I couldn't care less about phone calls. If it's that important, the person will call again.

Radbot42 Wrote:What do you do?

Serious question. I just recently risked going to the bathroom while expecting a call. Luckily they didn't call then, but the question still burns in my mind.

This exact thing happened to me a few times, but usually i just call back, or bring a cellphone/ cordless phone with me into the bathroom, not like they have to know everything you"re doing at the moment anyways Wink

I don't bring the phone to the toilet
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The only time I ever took my phone in with me, it actually rang. I hit decline and carried on. I realised later that I'd actually hit Answer. I never did know who it was that called me, perhaps they were too traumatised to tell me.

haahahaa! Ooops!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

My next door neighbour once took the phone into the toilet with her..........and dropped it down the toilet :O

Edward Wrote:I couldn't care less about phone calls. If it's that important, the person will call again.

My philosophy... if they don't call back it wasn't important.

CellarDweller Wrote:I don't bring the phone to the toilet
If I carry one in the bath or with me in the kitchen it is doomed... If it's not water that does them in it's hitting tile floors or falling out of my pocket jogging.

You jog in the kitchen?
I bid NO Trump!