Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarian vs Vegan
does it count if u're a semi-vegetarian? for instance, no red meat or pork. but will still eat poultry and seafood.

trywait Wrote:does it count if u're a semi-vegetarian? for instance, no red meat or pork. but will still eat poultry and seafood.

No that's just being a picky eater xD

I reread my post, and apparently SOME people have hallucinated something totally different than what I stated.

I checked this out with my Vegan contacts and they informed me that your way of thinking is OLD SCHOOL.

Apparently there are new vegetarian and vegan guidelines of what they are, which have a multitude of different "levels" for vegetarians and vegans. They both range from the very liberal to the extreme hardcore.

The new definitions are for those who are seeking a more tolerant level of entry into the the world of vegetarianism and veganism.

And, by the way, just because its in print somewhere, or on Wikpedia, doesn't necessarily make it true.

For Lilitu (you know what it means)
HerzHerzHerzMexicanwaveDanceDance

MisterTinkles Wrote:I reread my post, and apparently SOME people have hallucinated something totally different than what I stated.

I checked this out with my Vegan contacts and they informed me that your way of thinking is OLD SCHOOL

Can you provide a source for the new definitions or this strictly privileged information for you and your contacts?

(Btw, note that we listed more sources than wikipedia, and wikipedia has footnotes and further links to click on that verify it.)

Old School? New School? WTF?

This would be like a straight guy redefining Homosexual to include his love of women in bed.

Either you eat meat or you don't. If you eat meat you are a vegetarian. If you don't you are an omnivore.

veg·e·tar·i·an

/ˌvejiˈte(əWinkrēən/
Noun
A person who does not eat meat, and sometimes other animal products, esp. for moral, religious, or health reasons.

Adjective
Of or relating to the exclusion of meat or other animal products from the diet: "a vegetarian restaurant".

Vegans eat nothing of animals:

veg·an

/ˈvēgən/
Noun A person who does not eat or use animal products.

If people are going to wear a label, then the least they can do is look it up in the dictionary.

MisterTinkles Wrote:And, by the way, just because its in print somewhere, or on Wikpedia, doesn't necessarily make it true.

by the way , just because a small selection of people tell you something , that doesn't necessarily make it true.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I reread my post, and apparently SOME people have hallucinated something totally different than what I stated.

I checked this out with my Vegan contacts and they informed me that your way of thinking is OLD SCHOOL.

Apparently there are new vegetarian and vegan guidelines of what they are, which have a multitude of different "levels" for vegetarians and vegans. They both range from the very liberal to the extreme hardcore.

The new definitions are for those who are seeking a more tolerant level of entry into the the world of vegetarianism and veganism.

And, by the way, just because its in print somewhere, or on Wikpedia, doesn't necessarily make it true.

For Lilitu (you know what it means)
HerzHerzHerzMexicanwaveDanceDance

Huh? Is there some international organization out there somewhere who gets to choose how the rules work? Who comes up with this stuff?

I would like to know why so many pescatarians claim to vegetarians.

When I went to China with my family, a pakeha friend came with us (that means she's white) and she was a vegan AND had Coeliac disease so had to avoid any trace of gluten otherwise pain and suffering.

Oh my god I can't believe she survived. Do you know how much meat and gluten there is in China that is invisible.

It was EVERYWHERE. The problem was: there are special vegetarian restaurants and communities, because buddhism but those restaurants all serve faux meat made of... GLUTEN.

I was on 24 hour food duty, because the Chinese think 'I don't eat animals' means 'I don't eat beef' xD

Eventually she gave up in Beijing and ate around the meat in a dish. I had to knock a piece of fried eel off of her chopsticks at one point, because in Chinese cuisine, food isn't food until it looks and tastes like another type of food!

I would say im 90% vegetarian.

Lunch is provided at work, and the veggo meals are shocking, so I usually have the meat options there.

However whenever I cook for myself its always vegetarian. I just enjoy cooking, and aside from the occasional nice steak I don't really desire meat that much. I still love dairy and will always use it, even if I was full time vegetarian (Come on, pumpkin soup without sour cream? what are you thinking! )

and for all the mostly meat eaters... I agree that lettuce is horrible. I hate the stuff even the fancy frilly colourful varieties. It is just water and crunch. Saying that I hate most salad really. I did have a really nice cashew and mushroom salad today though.