Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waxing, shaving or threading? - Personal Grooming
I have thick eyebrows so I pluck them just so I don't have a unibrow. I still keep the rest of it thick though. I also pluck some of my chest hair so it looks a bit more even.
I like keeping my pubic hair natural and most of my exes were fine with it. But since I've been single for a while now, a few guys have joked around about how it's like a forest down there, so i started trimming this year. If I were in a relationship again, I'd probably go back to natural but I'm ok with trimming it once a month for now.

I like to body groom (trim down the excess) but I leave my leg and arm hair firmly attached to my body Smile

I used to swim competitively as well and I will say this once. Shaving everything off is both time consuming and stupidly painful when it comes back with a vengeance a few days later!!

Well...I'm not old but I'm joining the AARP contingent on this one. The whole topic makes me a little uneasy...I mean seriously...waxing? Ouch and ugh...

I'll trim it with my beard trimmer, but I refuse to shave it off for multiple reasons. The main two being it gets annoyingly itchy and looks 10 years younger.

Trimming leaves the look of a grown man, makes it easier for a bj, and gives it a little room to look somewhat bigger.

I also only do this while in a relationship. Otherwise there is no point to mess around down there.

And I prefer a man to have some hair going on down there, or just all over the place.

It's a tactile thing for me. I don't like the way coarse hair feels to the touch. Most of the time I just trim but since [MENTION=21440]StingRay[/MENTION] turned me on to Shave Secret I might get more daring.

Furry is best. Backfur is f-cking sexy

ShiftyNJ Wrote:It's a tactile thing for me. I don't like the way coarse hair feels to the touch. Most of the time I just trim but since [MENTION=21440]StingRay[/MENTION] turned me on to Shave Secret I might get more daring.

I double dog dare you to get daring! LOL.

[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION] wrote to them after we both started telling yall about Shave Secret. They need to be advertising. Virge wrote them how we been getting people on it and that we have a bed and breakfast. He bought 20 bottles direct from them to let people try and buy here. They sent us a box of 250 samples and 30 bottles! We sold all the bottles the first 2 wks in June. Virge ordered 100 I think and they sent another 250 samples. We make less than a dollar selling it but it adds up.

I got that tricolor freaky hair gene. Dark red top hair and beard, dirty blonde moustache and bright orange body hair. I keep it all shaved except on top just to keep from scaring people and having to talk about it every five minutes shopping in the mall or at the gym and Im pretty hairy. I can shave my face all week then head to toe once with one sample tube and my track 3 razor. A bottle will last me close to 2 months, maybe more depending on how unlucky I am on my weekly bush hunting expeditions.

Evilgrin1Evilgrin1Evilgrin1Evilgrin1

^^^^^^^^
Anyone who wants a thrill please invite Ray over to do his shaving in your white bathtub. The mofo used mine a couple weeks ago and forgot to clean it out. It was like Barbie doll grass clippings everywhere.

But he's right about Shave Secret. Check Walmart and Walgreens for it or order online.

AmorAstrum Wrote:It's just a matter of preference Smile

Well, remember, that statement is just as true of liking U2 vs. Justin Bieber. Or Sundance film festival movies vs. weekend cartoons.

Preferences can be informed by a lot of things and maturity level is definitely one of them. Security in self-image is probably a bigger one in the case of personal grooming. Most guys I know who body shave do it because women, or partners, have made them feel "gross" or less attractive for having it. A very tiny number do it for a practical reason, like swimmers or serious/competitive bikers. And I'm assuming your own personal opinion of whether or not body hair looks better on or off is also influenced by broader social attitudes or the beauty standard. And you may find that the degree to which you find yourself holding strong feelings which just so happen to match what ads or television shows or underwear models tell you is attractive may change as you mature and care less about what outside people think.

Sure, preference is preference, but it's not created in a test tube, unique to every individual. It has a lot of influences working on it.

Quote:Well, remember, that statement is just as true of liking U2 vs. Justin Bieber. Or Sundance film festival movies vs. weekend cartoons.

Preferences can be informed by a lot of things and maturity level is definitely one of them. Security in self-image is probably a bigger one in the case of personal grooming. Most guys I know who body shave do it because women, or partners, have made them feel "gross" or less attractive for having it. A very tiny number do it for a practical reason, like swimmers or serious/competitive bikers. And I'm assuming your own personal opinion of whether or not body hair looks better on or off is also influenced by broader social attitudes or the beauty standard. And you may find that the degree to which you find yourself holding strong feelings which just so happen to match what ads or television shows or underwear models tell you is attractive may change as you mature and care less about what outside people think.

Sure, preference is preference, but it's not created in a test tube, unique to every individual. It has a lot of influences working on it.

Oh, of course, definitely. I have no doubts that in a few years my interests and thoughts are going to change, as will my outlook towards many things. Everyone's like that as they grow older, no? But I think, for me, those things aren't really that much of a factor towards my personal tastes right now. I find that it's really not a matter of "everyone is doing that so I probably should as well", or "this is what people say is right". I just know that I prefer the feeling of being smooth and the benefits that I've received from it compared to going au naturale. Like I said earlier in this comments section, I have no problem with other people having body hair or whatnot. I think it can really look attractive! I'm just not really that fond of it on me Smile

Does that make sense? I'm not very good when it comes to explaining myself sometimes, haha.