Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to Real Jock?
I used to visit this site called Real Jock but can't reach the site.  Did it close?

Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that site. May have, can check web.archive.org and see when it was last up (or approximate)
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I'm not sure if it shut down, I never joined or lurked there, but I do know a number of members on here left that sight in an exodus to here because they said it was overrun with trolls.

God riddance to a load of self flattering delusion.
The Human Race is Insane.

The site has been offline for a couple of weeks, so the general consensus is that it’s dead. Mercy-killing at this point, it had been vegetating for way to long already.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Wow! Can't believe Real Jock went offline. It was dying for many years, but being an independent gay forum is extremely hard on the modern web. As a fellow gay webmaster, I've seen firsthand the implosion of gay forums all over as the conversation and activity have moved to other platforms like Telegram, Reddit, Twitter, etc. You really have to evolve and stay relevant if you want to keep the conversation going.

Twitter has to be the sweaty asscrack of the internet. It is unfortunate that these platforms are we're stuck with.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(06-17-2021, 08:16 AM)Bhp91126 Wrote: The site has been offline for a couple of weeks, so the general consensus is that it’s dead. Mercy-killing at this point, it had been vegetating for way to long already.
I remember that one of the critiques of Real Jock is that it moved away from actual fitness and bodybuilding to ... gayness.  

I suppose when you have a bunch of hot sweaty naked hunks, it's going to attract the gays LOL

It became too right wing for me to even enjoy visiting or reading so I stopped reading it a long time ago.

I tried to reach the site again and got a page saying their new platform is under development.
[-] The following 1 member Likes buddy16cat's post:
  • Bhp91126