Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What in the hell is this?
"Straight acting"

Ive always taken this as someone who is covering up something. Your "acting" like someone or something you are not. You are hiding a fact of yourself, a liar, a cheat, someone who can never be trusted.

And to this day, in my life, I have not met anyone describing themselves as such, as not being anything other than what I stated.

If I "act", its when Im on stage or when people know I am performing one of my many character traits. I learned a long time ago to not hide anything, simply because it can drive away the people you like the most.
That doesnt mean I go around preaching my personal info to the public....I keep myself private. But I share my personal information with those people who are close to me and who may think they want to "get to know me". Its better that they know who I am up front, than live a bunch of bullshit facades until the truth inadvertantly comes out, and then they take great offense and disappear.

Ive met MANY gays who are just being themselves, and you wouldnt even notice them on the street.
On the other hand, Ive met (even went to school with) very EFFEMINATE guys who liked women.
Believe it or not, there are a lot of women out there who find effeminate men attractive.

All in all, if I think someone is hiding something, or blatantly "acting", I tend to stay away from them.
And I know Im not the only person who picks up on this stuff....its a real turn off.