Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What in the hell is this?
Pick and choose? Everyone has their preferences. And no where in his ad does he refer to YOU at all. He is simply saying what he is. Nor does he say being gay is a crime. You are reading a lot of stuff that isn't in that ad. Are you really your own person? Because you seem to be bothered easily by him simply saying what HE is. You feeling threatened by him saying he is straight acting is the same as a straight guy feeling threatened when the guy standing next to him announces being gay.

EternalYouAndI Wrote:Pick and choose? Everyone has their preferences. And no where in his ad does he refer to YOU at all. He is simply saying what he is. Are you really your own person? Because you seem to be bothered easily by him simply saying what HE is. You feeling threatened by him saying he is straight acting is the same as a straight guy feeling threatened when the guy standing next to him announces being gay.

It appears we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I refuse you respond to you any further in this topic to avoid an argument. Thank you for your response. It's nice to know not everyone here sees eye to eye with me. Catsmiley

Nick9 Wrote:It looks like he was typing it with just one hand :biggrin: Giggling all the time, ecstatic that he finally plucked up the courage to write it.

Let's look at it from the other side: what kind of guys do you think will answer?

Well I guess the same sort of guys. I sure as hell wouldn't bother. I assume its going to be a psuedo-closeted -bleep-fest. I just never understood the concept of the "questioning your sexuality" phase so many people talk about nowadays. Probably because i never had one. but still it somehow irks me to be lost in your sexuality yet be so demanding. I mean if you were so lost you wouldn't know what type of man you wanted right? but this guy was here listing everything off. I assume if i were lost i would want to meet all the guys i could and test my interests in men. but this one here in particular is here being extra picky almost as if he already knows what he wants. It just forces me to assume that he already knows who he is if he's already here with he list of full results.

Perhaps the guy on craiglist wanted a 'daddy', but being young wants a 'daddy' closer to his age, that was my initial impression.

The question was posed 'What sort of person would respond to this ad?' I would say a predator/paedophile because the wording of the ad gives the impression that it has been written by a teenager.

That's why places like that and pubescent surges of testosterone scare the crap out of me.

ManicLewis21 Wrote:Well I guess the same sort of guys. I sure as hell wouldn't bother. I assume its going to be a psuedo-closeted -bleep-fest. I just never understood the concept of the "questioning your sexuality" phase so many people talk about nowadays. Probably because i never had one. but still it somehow irks me to be lost in your sexuality yet be so demanding. I mean if you were so lost you wouldn't know what type of man you wanted right? but this guy was here listing everything off. I assume if i were lost i would want to meet all the guys i could and test my interests in men. but this one here in particular is here being extra picky almost as if he already knows what he wants. It just forces me to assume that he already knows who he is if he's already here with he list of full results.

Sounds to me like the guy is just on a different trajectory than you--and is looking for someone similar--which you have wisely decided is NOT you. You're right to not respond.

Listen, I never really understood the whole "I'm not gay, but I do enjoy sex with guys" thing until pretty recently.

For *some*, the term "gay" comes a whole load of "lifestyle" implications that *some* simply do not identify with. The FACT he's searching for someone "on the down low" or totally in the closet speaks to that whole phenomenon.

Sexuality, and how we express it, is as different as how many people there are in the world. Are there 7 billion people out there? Then there are 7 billion ways to be sexual.

One day his trajectory may carry him into what we in the community consider "normal" and "healthy". If he's lucky he'll have a faithful partner with him. Until then, live and let live.

That's all I know.
Smile

ManicLewis21 Wrote:Well I guess the same sort of guys. I sure as hell wouldn't bother. I assume its going to be a psuedo-closeted -bleep-fest. I just never understood the concept of the "questioning your sexuality" phase so many people talk about nowadays. Probably because i never had one. but still it somehow irks me to be lost in your sexuality yet be so demanding. I mean if you were so lost you wouldn't know what type of man you wanted right? but this guy was here listing everything off. I assume if i were lost i would want to meet all the guys i could and test my interests in men. but this one here in particular is here being extra picky almost as if he already knows what he wants. It just forces me to assume that he already knows who he is if he's already here with he list of full results.

Lewis, not understanding it doesn't mean you can't be more tolerant. You seem to be pretty judgmental and you don't even know him.
Sometimes, this attitude can imply that the person is not selfconfident and sure about himself. Are you? Live and let live.

It' like straight guys freaking out when there is an obviously gay waiter at their table or when they should go to a guy (not gay) masseur.

Let him be. Maybe he will giggle all the time and some tall *again* tall man will fall in love with him. It's nice that not all people are the same.

And Eternal left why? :mad: Man, come back.

ManicLewis21 Wrote:I ... craigslist so i often idle around. *note to self; Do not enter the M4M section*
ya i figured that, its a sad funny to read that stuff

i can completly understand why you would find that offencive Lewis, and to be honests i'm a little bit surprised that there aren't more people on here taking you side.

This situation is exactly like someone saying I'm not rascist i just dont like asians.

The only reason that people exists on the downlow or are "straight" but have gay sex or are completely bilind to the homoeroticism surrounding sports is because of the asssociation that being gay is being feminine or camp.

If more people would just man up and say yeah I'm down to earth, and maculine but I'm as gay as Freddy Mercury. (look at we will rock you and we are the champions from a perspective of a defence of being gay)

The world would be a much better place if people didn't just a assume you had to be camp to be gay.

Man up, if you don't like the stereotype change it

Undreamt Wrote:i can completly understand why you would find that offencive Lewis, and to be honests i'm a little bit surprised that there aren't more people on here taking you side.

This situation is exactly like someone saying I'm not rascist i just dont like asians.

The only reason that people exists on the downlow or are "straight" but have gay sex or are completely bilind to the homoeroticism surrounding sports is because of the asssociation that being gay is being feminine or camp.

If more people would just man up and say yeah I'm down to earth, and maculine but I'm as gay as Freddy Mercury. (look at we will rock you and we are the champions from a perspective of a defence of being gay)

The world would be a much better place if people didn't just a assume you had to be camp to be gay.

Man up, if you don't like the stereotype change it

It's not always about agreeing and disagreeing, there is a grey area where quiet a few people can see both sides and neither are right or wrong, they simply just are what they area.

I think a couple of reactions in this thread are a little over the top and I think Lewis original post is a little over the top...BUT i don't disagree or agree with all the points being made. Wink

I know some people can't handle it. Some who accept they're gay actually become suicidal as they think they deserve to die (makes me wonder what they'd think of other gays if they were straight...) so maybe denial is a psychological defense mechanism to save one's life (from being harmed by self and others).

I had sex with my BFF growing up but was surprised she considered herself straight, which I didn't know until I saw her bullying 2 girls for supposedly being lesbian and I confronted her about the stuff we did together. She insisted it was "just practice" (though she was more demanding of it than I was) and I got the impression she really believed it. In retrospect I wonder how much her being a Christian and growing up in a homophobic state contributed to that denial. Heck, just now I'm wondering how much of her promiscuity with guys was because she was desperately trying to make herself straight...

I vaguely recall seeing Lost & Delirious where this line came up:

Quote:Paulie: Lesbian? Lesbian? Are you fucking kidding me, you think I'm a LESBIAN?
Mouse: You're a girl in love with a girl, aren't you?
Paulie: No! I'm PAULIE in love with TORI. Remember? And Tori, she is, she IS in love with me because she is mine and I am hers and neither of us are LESBIANS!

I was utterly gobsmacked by it, but a lesbian couple (both) said they'd once had a similar attitude before they were strong enough to accept themselves without fear.