Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What in the hell is this?
I get your point, Lewis, but if you read this forum you can understand that many guys are not clear or comfortable with their sexuality. Many are acting a role in their every day lives as they struggle to come out to the world, or even to themselves. It's a challenging process which some people avoid for their entire lives.

My guess is that the craigslist poster wants to explore gay sex, is very inexperienced, and feels more comfortable starting with a guy who has traits he knows he likes. If his comfort level grows, he may find that he is open to a broader spectrum of sexuality in time.

I would not respond to an ad like that myself. You only get one chance at a first impression, and my bar never drops below the ability to complete a coherent sentence. So I say mission accomplished: he doesn't need to waste his time hearing from you or me!

I don't know. I think the poor guy is a victim of society's nomenclature. I think he was trying to say he wants to date a guy that acts like X and not Y. Bad choice of words, but I doubt he meant to be offensive. There is no way to know without knowing the guy personally. I am head over-heels for an artist that acts very "straight" except for he is very comfortable around his *many* gay friends, and I haven't the foggiest if he is gay or straight. I know he is my type though, whatever terminology is appropriate to describe that beats me.

I wish we lived in a world where discussions like this did't even have to happen. Society is the problem, not the guy writing the ad. Some women act like "straight" men, and some men act like "straight" women, and in both of those subclasses there are gay and straight versions of each on either side. The world sucks a bit more since I have come out because there is no more pretending this kind of BS pressure from society doesn't exist outside of redneckville USA.

-end rant.
sigh. Sad

Straight acting doesn't mean dealing with sexuality issues. Might be a professional thing where he has to maintain appearance, might be a safety thing where he has to com off as the being tough and, being camp at all doesn't portray that. Might be just how he is - not all of us behave in any way outside the home that would ever indicate we are gay. That's straight acting.

We all pick and choose, just this one is coming out an bluntly saying what he wants and, isn't willing to let anything slide.

No I'd never date a guy like that, but that's because he sounds critical and demanding, and unwilling to compromise on anything.

pellaz Wrote:why are you on craigslist

Because, you can laugh yourself silly reading that tripe!!!!

Have any of you ever REALLY read personal ad's??? They are ridiculous, ludicrous, and even hysterically funny.

People are SO EXTREMELY exact in what they want! And then they wonder WHY they cant ever find happiness!!!! Like DUH....because you want some kind of fantasy guy (or girl) who doesnt exist on THIS planet!!

Ive put some personal ad's out there before, and I just ask for stuff like being honest, decent, understanding, and compassionate. Guess what....I have NEVER received any responses!!!!

From my experiences reading personal ad's over the years, there are only 5 categories any of them want to see in a personals post--

1. how BIG "it" is
2. how "buff" you are
3. what you look like
4. what kind of status job you have
5. what kind of status vehicle you drive

They couldnt care less if you are Charles Manson, Jeffery Dahmer, or Adolph Hitler...as long as you have a big dick, big muscles, big car, and big wallet. Doesnt even matter if you have 34 known contageous diseases....as long as your a "hard body" and have some kind of prestige, they just dont care about anything else.

Makes me nautious.

If you have high expectaions, you will be shot down.
If you have fantasy expectations, you will be alone.
If you have mediocer expectations, you might find a decent person.
If you have no expectations, you will be surprised.

And above all else....
I DONT date "actors".

I don't like the term "straight-acting" as there is such a range of personalities and behaviors in the straight community. When I used Grindr I identified as "masculine" and noticed when other guys did the same. Masculine energy in a guy is attractive to me. That's not to say that "feminine" guys or drag queens are any less wonderful, I just don't find myself attracted to those personality types.

Geminize Wrote:I don't like the term "straight-acting" as there is such a range of personalities and behaviors in the straight community. When I used Grindr I identified as "masculine" and noticed when other guys did the same. Masculine energy in a guy is attractive to me. That's not to say that "feminine" guys or drag queens are any less wonderful, I just don't find myself attracted to those personality types.

No offense meant here...but all of the men who have advertised themselves to be "masculine" or "straight acting" that I have met or known, have been high pitched, squeeky voiced, and very effeminate men.

I will never forget being in the local cowboy bar one time, and this tall, very "masculine" looking man walks in. His physcial appearance was very nice...until he opened up his mouth and spoke. He sounded like Cyndi Lauper inhaled helium!

So when any guy advertises himself as being "masculine" or "butch" or anything of that type, I have the image of this very manly looking man in the cowboy bar, squeeking out words like Cyndi Lauper on helium!!! And I just laugh to myself.

I think by "acting straight" he means he's not effeminate although I think he's still asking for alot I think he just means he doesnt want a effeminate gay. Which I understand but he still seems too picky and like everyone's said and being in the closet on top of that O.o

MisterTinkles Wrote:No offense meant here...but all of the men who have advertised themselves to be "masculine" or "straight acting" that I have met or known, have been high pitched, squeeky voiced, and very effeminate men.

I will never forget being in the local cowboy bar one time, and this tall, very "masculine" looking man walks in. His physcial appearance was very nice...until he opened up his mouth and spoke. He sounded like Cyndi Lauper inhaled helium!

I agree with both of you...

chink Wrote:you are horrible weird man

Weird? Possibly. But horrible? Not in the slightest. Now how about you give an educated opinion rather than waste my time replying with a completely off-topic and grammatically incorrect response, please. Snake