Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What in the hell is this?
Geminize Wrote:I don't like the term "straight-acting" as there is such a range of personalities and behaviors in the straight community. When I used Grindr I identified as "masculine" and noticed when other guys did the same. Masculine energy in a guy is attractive to me. That's not to say that "feminine" guys or drag queens are any less wonderful, I just don't find myself attracted to those personality types.

I completely agree with the use of the terms- masculine and feminine. But use of the word straight "acting" ultimately creates the term gay"acting. And that is just what offended me. Maybe the guy didnt mean it like that, but he isnt the first person to use that term. I find the term offensive. Now perhaps i was a little harsh because he may very well be in the closet but he cant be selective about the men who reply to his ad. gay men arent cattle. you can't just pick one out and have your way with him then dispose of him. Everyone has their preferances - but this guy just came off as extremely arrogant.

chink Wrote:you are horrible weird man

Your opinions never fail to disappoint me.

Counselor Wrote:Your opinions never fail to disappoint me.

OH....STOOOOP!
My sides are hurting!!!

Laugh

Understand that society sees all gays as being swishy, limp wrist ed, lisping, because the majority of those types actually make the evening news and are so obvious that the average lay-straight connects dots. Movies that depict gays very seldom paint the gay as a jock or other 'straight' identity.

I am straight acting, always have been. Its how I roll. There are lot of us out in the real world, we go about life unseen for the most part off the radar if you will because we don't match the stereotypes. Thus no one knows, and all assume that the stereotype is all gay means.

Understand that as a 'straight acting' male you are painted into the role of 'Top' and 'dominate' more often than not. There is this perception that if you are manly you are a great top. Guys to the scene often assume that flamboyant behavior means you are a bottom and more masculine behavior means your a top.

And "straight" guys are assumed to be natural tops. After all they mount women, so it logically follows that they will mount a male. And the typical "straight" homosexual is going to tend to be 'masculine' in behaviors to hide his 'gay' proclivities.

Considering that we still have groups that protest with huge signs that say 'God Hates Fags' and tell you gays go to hell, and there are still gay bashing going on, being on the DL and not wanting to be 'gay-acting' is self serving instinctual preservation. This is the case in many youthful gays, us older ones tend to be just hard wired that way.

Straight acting doesn't mean its an act. Its trying to define a guy who isn't obviously gay. Masculine may be a better word, or butch.

For lesbians the 'lip-stick lesbian' would be considered 'straight acting'. They just got a better name than Straight Acting gay men got.

chink Wrote:you are horrible weird man

Thats the pot calling the kettle black.

Where do you get off your judgemental horse you perfect little man in your perfect little world?

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Understand that society sees all gays as being swishy, limp wrist ed, lisping, because the majority of those types actually make the evening news and are so obvious that the average lay-straight connects dots. Movies that depict gays very seldom paint the gay as a jock or other 'straight' identity.

I am straight acting, always have been. Its how I roll. There are lot of us out in the real world, we go about life unseen for the most part off the radar if you will because we don't match the stereotypes. Thus no one knows, and all assume that the stereotype is all gay means.

Understand that as a 'straight acting' male you are painted into the role of 'Top' and 'dominate' more often than not. There is this perception that if you are manly you are a great top. Guys to the scene often assume that flamboyant behavior means you are a bottom and more masculine behavior means your a top.

And "straight" guys are assumed to be natural tops. After all they mount women, so it logically follows that they will mount a male. And the typical "straight" homosexual is going to tend to be 'masculine' in behaviors to hide his 'gay' proclivities.

Considering that we still have groups that protest with huge signs that say 'God Hates Fags' and tell you gays go to hell, and there are still gay bashing going on, being on the DL and not wanting to be 'gay-acting' is self serving instinctual preservation. This is the case in many youthful gays, us older ones tend to be just hard wired that way.

Straight acting doesn't mean its an act. Its trying to define a guy who isn't obviously gay. Masculine may be a better word, or butch.

For lesbians the 'lip-stick lesbian' would be considered 'straight acting'. They just got a better name than Straight Acting gay men got.

Hmm. Maybe we need a better name?

"G.I. gay"?
"Manly homo"?
"*insert name here*"?

After all we are just people....

ManicLewis21 Wrote:rather than waste my time

if your time is so precious, why waste it on craiglist? Rolleyes

Nick9 Wrote:if your time is so precious, why waste it on craiglist? Rolleyes

Again. I sell commisions to make some extra cash I also do some of the gigs. So its not exactly a waste of time if i'm making money now. reading that guy's pointless and demeaning response was a waste of time.

Buffylo Wrote:Hmm. Maybe we need a better name?

"G.I. gay"?
"Manly homo"?
"*insert name here*"?

After all we are just people....
Alpha male?
Homeralsexual?

I prefer the term masculine.

I like "bro". I could get with a bro, if he's clever.