Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is With Cold Sores!
:mad:I hate them quite frankly n they jst prevent me from kissing my boyfriend Cry i hope they find a cure, this is the second since i have met him Sad

didn't have one at all until november then i had one, n now another one Sad gawd.

Any tips on how to reduce them, get rid etc

xChrisx

People tend to get them when they are tired and run down, are you and your better half getting enough sleep ?!?!?!

Wink

Confusedmile:

Seriously though Blisteze is good

Cold sores strike when you are feeling stressed. The herpes virus hides in nerve endings and comes out to make the familiar mess of your face when you really least need it. Unfortunately you cannot get rid of them, but you can reduce the amount of time they are active. If you don't mind the white splodge of cream, Zovirax is a very effective treatment, specially if you apply it as soon as you feel the tingling that tells you the sore is erupting. The last couple of times I've had a cold sore (which I've had on and off since childhood) I've used Compeed patches. I prefer that the sore goes through its normal cycle (I think I was frightened at an impressionable age by a homeopathist Wink ). The patches cover it up to a certain extent and it is not so much of an eyesore too. However, they do work out more expensive and you might need more than one pack for an outburst. You do waste a few working out how best to apply them.

At the risk of being too obvious avoid kissing and giving oral if you have a cold sore.

Hope it clears up soon. Plenty of vitamin C and healthy eating!

Quote:At the risk of being too obvious avoid kissing and giving oral if you have a cold sore.

I mean this one jst crept up on me i thought it was dry skin on the side of my mouth now its a cold sore ¬¬ dayum n to my quote what happens if you give oral with a cold sore?

n when he's with me we dnt sleep at all haha ;p

xChrisx

Mystery Man Wrote:n when he's with me we dnt sleep at all haha ;p

xChrisx

lloll

There you go then young man Confusedmile:

I meant to say Blistex and not Blisteze as it used to be called unlike Zoviraz you don't have to walk around with a white blob on your lips, just keep them moist with Blistex

A cold sore is an unsightly and often painful blister on the lips, caused by an infection from the virus Herpes Simplex 1. Cold sores occur when someone catches the virus however can often lie dormant. A tingling, burning sensation on the lip means a blister will appear within 24 hours.
The fluid filled blister usually breaks within the first few days but total healing can take up to ten days. It will be contagious as long as its visible (and occasionally beyond) and the sufferer must take care not to infect others, or re-infect themselves.
Known as cold sores as they often occur when a person has a cold, but other stress factors can also bring them on e.g. trauma, emotional distress, stomach upsets, periods, even too much sun. Often they have no obvious cause at all.
To prevent an outbreak of cold sores, take all possible steps to relieve stress, such as exercise, yoga, aromatherapy and a good diet.
Blistex Relief Cream can help as it keeps the skin moisturised and more resistant to outbreaks. If a blister does appear, the cream’s analgesic will help deal with the pain
top tips for cold sore free lips
  • Avoid touching cold sores, as they are highly infectious.
  • Keep your immune system strong by eating healthily and taking exercise.
  • Minimise stress with calming activities such as yoga, pilates or meditation.
  • Use a caring lip balm, everyday, to keep your lips as moisturised and protected as possible.
  • When first symptoms of a cold sore arise apply a medicated cold sore cream, such as Blistex Relief Cream, to relieve discomfort.
[Image: tips-img-relief-cream.jpg]

aww thank you Big Grin

I actually wanna take on yoga it looks quite good Big Grin

xChrisx

Mystery Man Wrote:aww thank you Big Grin

I actually wanna take on yoga it looks quite good Big Grin

xChrisx

lloll

Me and my partner went to a yoga class in India once and the trainer said this exercise is good for relieving the wind and gasses inside you and how true was that, the whole of the class started farting........

I would have thought it was excessive curry Confusedmile:

We left cause it stated to smell 'orrible'

Star Twister Wrote:lloll

Me and my partner went to a yoga class in India once and the trainer said this exercise is good for relieving the wind and gasses inside you and how true was that, the whole of the class started farting........

I would have thought it was excessive curry Confusedmile:

We left cause it stated to smell 'orrible'

all i want to say is OMFG ROFL Big Grin

xChrisx

Cold sores

Mystery Man Wrote:actually wanna take on yoga it looks quite good Big Grin

xChrisx

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I found this book a number of years ago and highly recommend it. It mostly teaches one proper breathing methods (deep breathing) with long poses/stretches.

After going thru the book I joined a Yoga studio in San Francisco. I quickly learned that the beginners class was pretty advanced or rather a different school of Yoga thought Rofl I was doing OK in the class but on arriving for my fifth class I learned that the beginners teacher was unavailable and that I should go upstairs to the advanced class.

The room was HUGE and it seemed like there were a hundred people warming up in the most extreme positions Baby2 There were some SUPER HOT men there in tiny shorts, bare chested doing one hand horizontal full body lifts (can you get a pic of that Lol2 )

I knew that I was way out of my league but gave it the old school spirit. The teacher was informed that I was a beginner and was often near giving me advice on this or that. Needless to say the room got pretty steamy and I was sweating and my mat got wet and I slipped. I got up, shook myself off and got back into position.

OMG TOOK ME OVER TWO WEEKS TO GET OVER THAT PULL or whatever it was... when you get hurt in Yoga you really get hurt...

I love my little book: Yoga 28 Day Exercise Plan by Richard Hittleman Bow

[/COLOR]