Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the weirdest, freakiest, or mindblowing movie
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]What is THE weirdest, freakiest, mind-blowing, or most unbelievable movie you have ever seen, and why?
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Im talking about movies that make you sit there thinking to yourself "did I just really SEE that"?, "was I dreaming that"?, "what the HELL was that"?, "OMG, OMG, OMG"!, or just leave you totally in disbelief or speechless.

[Image: 200.gif]

My family home videos from my childhood.

VileKyle Wrote:My family home videos from my childhood.

Last time I watched home videos from my infancy I saw my dad threaten to put my brother in the oven and gobble him up at the tender age of 1 :3

Requiem for a Dream is rather mind-blowing. Whoever wrote the screenplay obviously had a lot of experience with serious psychoactive drugs.

davearoo Wrote:Requiem for a Dream is rather mind-blowing. Whoever wrote the screenplay obviously had a lot of experience with serious psychoactive drugs.

Darren Aronofsky co-wrote the screenplay with the author of the novel on which the movie was based, Hubert Selby, Jr. Selby contracted TB and through some complications with treatments and surgeries (before anti-biotics were widely available) he ended up being put on painkillers, which he became addicted to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_Selby,_Jr.

When I first saw this thread I was gonna mention Darren Aronofsky, actually.

Felidae was a pretty trippy movie.

For me, so far, it has been Space Odyssey and Altered States.

Both are freaky movies for sure.
I still dont get what the hell Space Odyssey was about.
And Altered States was just....well, there is no word for it. And I still dont get what the ending was about.

The hour of the wolf by Ingmar Bergman.

I don't even know, what happened. There was an island I remember. It was really unsettling. I wanted to cry/

MisterTinkles Wrote:I still dont get what the hell Space Odyssey was about.

No one does.

The whole point of that movie was that Stanley Kubrick predicted that in a few years in the future, a band named Pink Floyd would create a couple of 23-minute-long songs that would go well with the ending of his movie when viewed by philosophy or art majors on LSD. Thus preserving the film's legacy forever and always.

hm... there's a lot, but..

On top of my head...

'Triangle' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/

If you've seen it.. It's pretty twisted.