Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What languages do you speak?
Hey boys,I want to know just how many languages can you speak fluently?Here in SA,there are 11 official languages & I can only speak 3.You can imagine how difficult it is to converse with different people!I speak English,Afrikaans & a little Zulu.My Hebrew is really rusty though!
I was born in England but live in Jersey in the Channel Islands, so I speak English, French and (rather bizarrely) German. I can read some Spanish and Italian, but I not THAT conversant with them as languages.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
Spanish (birth language) and English very well
Do you speak mainstream Spanish in Argentina, or is Argentinian a stylised version of the regular Spanish ?

It's just that Spanish is the next language I'm probably going to learn, so I was wondering if I might be able to try and speak with you in Spanish at some point once I'm a bit (read: CONSIDERABLY) more comfortable with it ?

Cheers mon ami !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
English, Arabic, and some French
When sober, I speak merely one (english). When drunk, however I can speak german, latin and ancient greek.
Serfdom Wrote:When sober, I speak merely one (english). When drunk, however I can speak german, latin and ancient greek.

Thats pretty cool.
I speak english fluently, but I know some Modern Greek, a little German, and tidbits of other languages (French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian - basically saying hello, goodbye, thank you, your welcome sort of thing)
Reading wise, I can read Latin and Ancient Greek since its what I study (and incidently I have a midterm tomorrow in Greek Lyric Poetry).
In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but its the way things are. The choice is yours. ~ Zidane Tribal

Hope is comforting, it allows us to accept fate no matter how tragic it may be. ~ Yunalesca

"Απο μακρυά και αγαπημένοι παρά απο κοντά και μαλωμένοι"

There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met ~ Gonzo
It's just English for me really... although I did do German for 5 years in school... and got an A grade for my GCSE, but I've forgotten most of it.
I speak only french, my native language. It's OK for French Canada and travel in France, but for others countries, as UK? But I've a basic english...:frown: And it's not enough for travel in anglo-saxon countries, same thing for english canada... A day, I will be able to speak english! I promise me.Confusedmile:
English and a little Japanese... and some spanish... xD that's all for me though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most romantic languages in the world! bootsguy 39 1,091 05-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Last Post: TwisttheLeaf
  Trouble getting on line with Gay Speak Butterfingers 10 774 04-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Butterfingers
  The Gay Speak Interviews CellarDweller 12 720 12-30-2014, 02:45 AM
Last Post: East
  Good-bye Gay Speak..... CellarDweller 43 1,521 08-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Wolfpack
  Italians when they speak english. OnceUponADream 17 832 09-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Last Post: princealbertofb