Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite coast?
America has 5 coasts. East, west, gulf, arctic, and great lakes. Which one is the best?

Arkansota Wrote:America has 5 coasts. East, west, gulf, arctic, and great lakes. Which one is the best?

America has far more coasts than that, from Cape Columbia in Canada to Cape Horn in Chile..

In that regard, I happen to enjoy the Atlantic off Montevideo

As for the United States

never been there but North Atlantic in the East would be an easy favorite

southbiochem Wrote:America has far more coasts than that, from Cape Columbia in Canada to Cape Horn in Chile..

In that regard, I happen to enjoy the Atlantic off Montevideo

As for the United States

never been there but North Atlantic in the East would be an easy favorite

When Americans talk about America, we always mean the USA. And that's what other countries, from my understanding, mean when they talk about America.

You are technically correct, but people from the USA use America as a term for their country.

Arkansota Wrote:America has 5 coasts. East, west, gulf, arctic, and great lakes. Which one is the best?

Mediterranean Sea.

Arkansota Wrote:When Americans talk about America, we always mean the USA. And that's what other countries, from my understanding, mean when they talk about America.

You are technically correct, but people from the USA use America as a term for their country.

I was wishing I didn't have to do this

[Image: 1623635_700b.jpg]

southbiochem Wrote:I was wishing I didn't have to do this

Excuse me, but nobody in the USA calls it the United States. We call it America. We are allowed to call our own country whatever we want to call it.

You're being preachy IMO and I am kind of getting annoyed at it.

southbiochem Wrote:I was wishing I didn't have to do this

What??? There are inhabitants in America who don't live in the US? :o

Ekwarph Wrote:What??? There are inhabitants in America who don't live in the US? :o

I don't understand what you're reacting to. In the USA, America means the United States. Elsewhere, it might mean the whole 2 continents.

Japan is Nippon to people who live there, but I don't see you guys posting memes about how people from Japan aren't using the correct name for their own country.

The world refers to residents of the USA as Americans, so they seem to agree with me.

I have to wonder, are you guys legitimately that excessively politically correct or are you trolling?

Oh yeah, and that picture you posted forgets that Alaska is a part of America. Tongue

Arkansota Wrote:Excuse me, but nobody in the USA calls it the United States. We call it America. We are allowed to call our own country whatever we want to call it.

You're being preachy IMO and I am kind of getting annoyed at it.

"Nobody in the USA (i.e: United States of America) calls it United states".....:eek:

I was for a long time trying to be nice to you, about your numerous sectarism traits, sir...

you don't make it easy..

southbiochem Wrote:"Nobody in the USA (i.e: United States of America) calls it United states".....:eek:

I was for a long time trying to be nice to you, about your numerous sectarism traits, sir...

you don't make it easy..

I'm telling you the truth, though. I am not being intolerant. We call ourselves Americans and that is a FACT.