Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite coast?
Hm, okay I'll bite.

To be honest I love the ocean/beach towns/cities a lot and they all
have their own uniqueness to them that makes them special on their own.

Like North-East-Coast is home to Cape Cod/Provincetown. It's an
awesome town, aside that it's another gay Mecca it's really beautiful,
the sand dunes are fun to walk around in either during the early AM or
around sunset.

The only coast I've been to out in the West was in around San Fran, we
were suppose to go to Santa Cruz and pretend to know how to surf, but we
ended up not going, but I'd like to see more of the West Coast -coast one
day..

lol... 'Merrricaaa! I for one am not from here. It's all just 'white-folk' to me. jk! ;]

Sorry i grew up on the south coast and i mean right on the south coast looking across the channel to france from my back window and spent my summers jumping of those cliffs and searching the old forts and big ole guns looking out actoss the ocean, occasionally going across for day trips for cheap booze and fags, and bangers for me, which id light up and put in dog doo. aaah france, the only place that sold me bangers (miniture sticks of dynamite, some as big as a cigar!)

Arkansota Wrote:I should not be criticized for using the term "America" to refer to the USA. That is universal in the country that I live in. It's not a matter of sensitivity- It's so engrained at this point that it's not fair to criticize me for using the term when everyone else in this country uses it the same way as well.

Ok, so let's agree to disagree, and let's leave this be..

do try to see that you're in a worlwide forum, what is ok in the United States will not necessarily be Ok anywhere else, Johnny..

cheers!

Back to the topic. You HAVE to see Lake Superior before you die. To me, it is the best lake in the world. There's a really unique cultural atmosphere that blends Native and white influences and it's quite refreshing.

And there's sand beaches in extreme eastern Duluth and Wisconsin- Not sure about Michigan and Ontario

However, go during summer. The winds that blow off of Lake Superior in winter are superchilled and incredibly unpleasant.

I hear both Lake Michigan and Lake Huron have fantastic sand beaches and good surfing.

Erie and Ontario are both solid but they don't have the magical quality that makes Lake Superior so special.

Arkansota Wrote:Back to the topic. You HAVE to see Lake Superior before you die. To me, it is the best lake in the world.

However, go during summer. The winds that blow off of Lake Superior in winter are superchilled and incredibly unpleasant.

I apologize for having told you that you're not open minded. Since you've obviously travelled all around the world and seen every single lake to compare with Lake Superior, I would congratulate you for your huge personnal curiousity. Wink

Ekwarph Wrote:I apologize for having told you that you're not open minded. Since you've obviously travelled all around the world and seen every single lake to compare with Lake Superior, I would congratulate you for your huge personnal curiousity. Wink

I am entitled to my opinion, even if it's not informed. The qualities that I like about Lake Superior are unlikely to exist in other lakes and that's why I say it's the best.

Have you seen Lake Superior? The whole lake is pretty much surrounded by low mountains, bluffs, and sometimes cliffs. It's awesome.

Arkansota Wrote:Have you seen Lake Superior? The whole lake is pretty much surrounded by low mountains, bluffs, and sometimes cliffs. It's awesome.
Seems nice, it reminds me my hometown.
The place where I came from is on the shore of a lake, from the home of my family, I can go to swim/do surf in the lake, or If I want, on the mountains, both by feet, both in few minutes. ;-) On the shore of the lake, which is, -I don't know- but maybe 1/10 the size of the Lake Superior, maybe 1/100 XD, there are many small castle and historical palaces, 2 war fortress and other things...
Grommit

This whole thread gave me some chuckles. All the arguing over something culturally dependant and therefore stupid to make a big international fuss about.

To get to the topic though: West coast is the best coast.

To be fair, Southbiochem, wouldn't you call yourself "Chilean", not "American"? It's true, though, people from the U.S. refer to themselves as "Americans", and it's generally understood (as far as I know?) by folks from around the world that "American" means "being from the United States". He's right, it's vernacular here, and no offense is intended to folks in Central/South America.

As far as the original topic goes: I'm from the New England region of Ameri- United States ( Tongue ), but I love the California coast. I need to see more of what's out there (loved Miami South Beach too!).

Really? This is worthy of discussion and debate??? I mean REALLY...You people have become boring old farts basically, so boring and predictable that you rarely see the once top posters posting anymore and only popping into chat occasionally.