Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your opinion on driverless cars?
Do you see where all this is headed?

We can get online and have fulfilling sexual experiences with someone half way around the globe.

I can order a pizza, pay for it and never talk to a human. They're playing with delivery drones now.

I haven't been in my bank in over three years.

Soon cars will steer themselves.

Can't you see that humans are slowly being made useless and unnecessary?

It would have been nice back in my drinking days.

"Car... HOME!..."

zzzZZZzzzz.....

Buzzer Wrote:I think it's witchcraft.

Oh I made that mistake... I was corrected, its not witchcraft, its technomancy.

As for Driverless cars - great move. I hope that the human element is taken out of the driver's seat. Most accidents are caused by human error... So without that there there should be far less accidents.

No doubt many will fight for their 'right' to drive their cars for a long time... IDK, humans tend to have silly notions about rights, but never think about responsibilities... Strange species.

If my car runs someone over, I'm gonna make damn sure it's my fault and that the fucker was asking for it! Sagrin

I really hope they can make them work. Imagine how wonderful they would be for disabled and elderly passengers. It should be possible to program them for fuel efficiency. If a car could be sent from place to place automatically, it could be a transport sharing dream.
I bid NO Trump!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Most accidents are caused by human error... So without that there there should be far less accidents.

That's a good point. I've seen all sorts of insane behavior. I think my "favorite" was when I was using the crosswalk carrying groceries while I had the right of way on a completely empty street. A guy in a truck drives up and stares down an empty street as he turns so that I was forced to leap aside with my grocery bags bursting. Suffice to say I wasn't in a forgiving mood as he yelled "sorry" out his window and kept driving.

And there are lots of flagrant disrespect for traffic laws. And whatever the reason, tens of thousands die from car accidents every year in the US alone and that doesn't include all left injured (who may lose their job as a result) and disabled. I expect even if my fears came true of criminals and reckless pranksters messing with their cars (and other things that can go wrong) it would still be less than the mayhem we already have.

And I just recalled the Fourth of July drunks who knocked by trashcan into the street by parking on the sidewalk and made obscene comments to me as I got it out of the street. I regretted not calling the police after they tore out of there drunk in their pickup again a little later. Wouldn't have been a problem if it was automated without option to drive (or forced a breathalyzer before starting).

Still, I bet if enough safety features were put into them to stop crashing that many bicyclists and even pedestrians, skaters, etc, would become even more the idiotic jerks that they can also be ("sure, I'll cut this car off though I'm required by law to stop, it will automatically stop and can't chase me").

Miles Wrote:If my car runs someone over, I'm gonna make damn sure it's my fault and that the fucker was asking for it! Sagrin

Miles
I like you
Your freaking hilarious (I agree tottally about running someone over

The glitch might end up being the specialized roadways and maintenance needed. I imagine it'll be something you "turn on" once you're on the "special" roadway that accommodates it. At least in the developing stages toward the age of plenty.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

They look quite cool but I dont really see the point in them.

I wouldn't like the idea, I love driving myself. I feel safer being in control