Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do? Help!
RevChasBM Wrote:My partner and I have been together 14 years and just married on October 10th. Every relationship has "hot" and "cold" spells. A real relationship is as much about commitment as it is a warm fuzzy feeling everytime you are with your partner. Honestly, you may be too young for such a commitment. However, I think the first step for you might be to sit down with your partner and discuss what you are feeling. It may simply be that any number of other life issues or circumstances or stresses are getting between the two of you. Through the course of any relationship you fall in and out of live (yes, I dared to say it) over and over again. The key is whether or not you are willing to ride out the dry seasons and wait for the next rainfall. Start with a sincere conversation. Do not fear reactions or rejection, as the conversation is necessary, like surgery. And like surgery, once the initial discomfort has passed, the healing begins. And when it is all done, you will be far healthier in the end. God bless!

Thank you so much. This was very helpful and we'll worded. I have felt ups and downs, but nothing like this before. And that's why I have been so stressed out about it. I really don't want to hurt him. And both of our families are very involved with each other, which I have been greatly blessed with. So, I don't want to be the reason all of that is ruined. Plus, the whole living together thing creates a whole separate complication; who would move out? And where would they live? Some days I wonder if I'm actually willing to stay in, or if I'm scarred of shattering the life we have created together and two different families.
We did go on a romantic date last night for his birthday. It went well. I did feel a little more there than usual. Which is good. I do believe that our very busy schedules with full time school and work could be causing issues.
Anyways, I've got to get to class! Thanks to everyone who has given me advice!! It has been helpful in showing me different viewpoints.