Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the f*ck....
I didn't receive this! Which is unusual for me. Usually I get something like:

DEAR SIRS

I AM WRITING TO YOU MOST DEAREST FRIEND ABOUT A SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR YOU.

THE ESTATE OF $1,000,000 HAS BEEN HOLDED IN FUNDS ACCOUNT BECAUSE A WEALTHY PRINCE OF <insert generic distant country name here> HAS PASSED ON. THESE FUNDS CAN ONLY BE RELEASED TO AN ACCOUNT HOLDER WHO BEARS THE SAME NAME AS DECEASED. I AM AUTHORISED TO TRANSFER THESE FUNDS TO YOU AS HOLDER OF THE SAME NAME. THESE FUNDS ARE WAITING TO BE TRANSFERRED BY EXPRESS PAYMENT TO YOU FRIEND

PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH ME SOONEST MY FRIEND ON <insert a g-mail address here> SO I CAN TRANSFER THE MONIES

YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

IanSaysHi Wrote:I didn't receive this! Which is unusual for me. Usually I get something like:

DEAR SIRS

I AM WRITING TO YOU MOST DEAREST FRIEND ABOUT A SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR YOU.

THE ESTATE OF $1,000,000 HAS BEEN HOLDED IN FUNDS ACCOUNT BECAUSE A WEALTHY PRINCE OF <insert generic distant country name here> HAS PASSED ON. THESE FUNDS CAN ONLY BE RELEASED TO AN ACCOUNT HOLDER WHO BEARS THE SAME NAME AS DECEASED. I AM AUTHORISED TO TRANSFER THESE FUNDS TO YOU AS HOLDER OF THE SAME NAME. THESE FUNDS ARE WAITING TO BE TRANSFERRED BY EXPRESS PAYMENT TO YOU FRIEND

PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH ME SOONEST MY FRIEND ON <insert a g-mail address here> SO I CAN TRANSFER THE MONIES

YOUR DEAREST FRIEND

I am thinking if they just changed it to Your 'Second' Dearest Friend it might have worked? :biggrin:

Oddly enough, there must be people that fall for these things. Hard to see how, but they must have success in some cases to still be doing it. The mind boggles.

This thread has reawakened this memory. Lololol

THE MONIES
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

I never got this one, but I get loads at work, usually Ukrainians who have been mugged on holiday and have lost EVERYTHING and need me to send them emergency money, like NOW! :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Cridders88 Wrote:Oddly enough, there must be people that fall for these things. Hard to see how, but they must have success in some cases to still be doing it. The mind boggles.

Greed is a powerful motivator. People apparently suspend their normal healthy suspicions "in case it's true".

I haven't had one of those in a while.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I haven't had one of those in a while.

u gonna jinx it!

If I get excluded one more time from chain e-mails I swear I'm going to do something about it.
I don't know what that'll be yet though...