Poll: What type of mobile (cell) phone do you use and will you upgrade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Have latest iPhone (11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE2020) and will upgrade to the latest this year
0%
0 0%
Have latest iPhone (11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE2020) but will keep it for at least another year
0%
0 0%
Have an older iPhone and will upgrate to the latest this year
0%
0 0%
Have an older iPhone but will keep it for at least another year
18.18%
2 18.18%
Have latest Android phone (Samsung/OnePlus/Google/Huawei etc.) and will upgrade to the latest when it becomes available
9.09%
1 9.09%
Have latest Android phone (Samsung/OnePlus/Google/Huawei etc.) but will keep it for at least another year
18.18%
2 18.18%
Have an older Android phone and will upgrade to the latest when it becomes available
9.09%
1 9.09%
Have an older Android phone but will keep it for at least another year
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of mobile (cell) phone do you use and will you upgrade?
What type of mobile (cell) phone do use and will you upgrade? (poll is above!)

I've got a Huawei P30 Pro (I know Trump's fav company on earth!) at the moment but will probably keep it for another year as it's plenty fast enough and the cameras and battery life are great! Wink
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Before it, I had a Samsung button phone that lasted me for 11 years when it finally broke. I only change my phone when it's not working properly anymore.

I honestly don't really understand people who change their phones every year. Like - why?
[-] The following 2 members Like Tjemka88's post:
  • andy, Bhp91126

Samsung Galaxy 7. Before that, I had the 3. I had some cheap touch screen before the 3, I don't know what it was, it wasn't really a smart phone, but it was my first touch screen. My first cellphone was a sliding type flip phone I got when I was 16 (I'm old -_- )

I've grown accustomed to the galaxy. Whenever I'm handling an iPhone, it just feels off to me. I'll probably replace my phone when . . . I have the money to replace it Sad
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • andy

iPhone 7. As long as it still functions I like it and will keep it for at least another year.
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Meebs's post:
  • andy

iPhone SE, last model off the iPhone 6, we only replace ours when they break or the software is so obsolete that stuff doesn’t work anymore (esp. Safari) We have iPhones because we’re an Apple family, though I refer to it often as Apple prison. Hubby worked at Apple in the 90s.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 2 members Like Bhp91126's post:
  • andy, Meebs

I have a Samsung Note 9. Has been one of the better androids I've had.. Given that phones are ever increasingly expensive, going to hang on to this until it dies. Just too expensive to be made out of glass. They almost beg that you drop the damn thing. They can certainly make these out of other materials that don't crack when they get knocked off the table.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

Previous phone which my sister uses now - Redmi Note 5A. Current phone - Redmi 9. I'll keep it for a few years, just until the Pine Phone gets cheaper and starts offering better hardware and battery life. I've already had it enough with Google's insolence and forcing their crap (Google Chrome) on me, such as the inability to uninstall that idiotic browser. And let's don't forget the inability to deny an update for Android itself as well. None of this crap will ever happen with a Linux phone.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.
[-] The following 1 member Likes rado84's post:
  • andy

I'm behind the times with my phone.

The most recent iPhone is the iPhone 12. I have and iPhone 6. LOL

I've never been someone who needs the most recent gadget. When I have something, I tend to keep it an use it until it dies or is no longer compatible with things. To replace something that is still working seems like a waste to me.

My desktop is running fine, it's about 9 years old. My last car I had for 15 years.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • andy

(02-27-2021, 04:49 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: I'm behind the times with my phone.

The most recent iPhone is the iPhone 12.  I have and iPhone 6.  LOL

I've never been someone who needs the most recent gadget.  When I have something, I tend to keep it an use it until it dies or is no longer compatible with things.  To replace something that is still working seems like a waste to me.

My desktop is running fine, it's about 9 years old.  My last car I had for 15 years.
About a year ago I changed my iPhone 5 that wasn't working to well, for a seconhand iPhone 10 that cost me £440.  I sold my car last year after 23 years of almost faultless service.  Not sure if I will ever buy another one.  I gave away my laptop early this year.  Can't remember how many years I had had it but it was old and slow.  It went to a charity that told me it coud be brought up to date.  I will buy a new one eventually and in the meantime I rely on my desktop that's about two years old.

I agree with you @CellarDweller, I too keep hold of things until they almsot die.  As long as it works I don't need the latest gadget.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 2 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • andy, CellarDweller

I used to be more about having the latest and greatest stuff but not so much, especially with phones. People talk all the rave about the iPhone and for me it didn't really stand apart from other phones. It was a good phone and all but there's things I didn't like.

I hopefully have learned my lesson on cars because I have had more cars than some people have in their lifetime and it is all too easy to get into a big financial mess and for a long time.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy