Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the best phone you have ever owned?
The only celebrity I have met was Ralphie May, a comedian....We got pictures with him...I'll have to post sometime...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I rarely remember any brand I've used.

I usually kept it simple: "Does it make calls? Cool. Does the battery stay charged for a week or more? Cool."

Now it's pretty much the same, except now is: "Can I use whatsapp on this thing?" Cool.

I don't get to grumble about the battery cause the phone was nearly for free and it's been with more for over 2 years now and sustained quite a few drops without a scratch.

It reads "Samsung" (and nothing more) if that interests the OP.

I'm guessing this is from a time when S. Korea didn't venture into the explosives industry yet.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Harvest gold princess phone. It has a long spiral cord. Never needs charging. The handset alone must way 2 pounds. I pull it out of the closet during long power outages to call the electric company to report the outage. Yes, there is no cell service here. 40 years old and is great in emergencies. I still have to use it at least 3 times a year. It's either that or smoke signals.

[Image: vintage-western-electric-princess-teleph...4a646d.jpg]

I've always been on the Android side of things (specifically Samsung). I have the S7 Edge right now (upgraded from an S5) and it's an all-rounder...no complaints.

Cridders88 Wrote:Yeah, it doesn't have the best battery life, especially with heavy usage. I find I charge mine once a day. I find it holds it's charge better when I charge it with a normal charger, and not the "fast charger". I don't think using those does the battery any good.

I just get a new Galaxy when my upgrade is due every 2 years. So, it'll probably be the S8 when that happens.

You might be in for a treat, a lot is resting on the S8 after the entire Note 7 fiasco.

CaptainAwesome Wrote:I've always been on the Android side of things (specifically Samsung). I have the S7 Edge right now (upgraded from an S5) and it's an all-rounder...no complaints.

I had an S7 Edge....for about 2 hours...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Like Ian, I'm an Apple user. I don't like that they've jumped to a larger phone size over the past couple years and think it's great they're now offering a smaller option again. I'm doubly enthused that they now offer both a 128 GB and 256 GB version.

axle2152 Wrote:I had an S7 Edge....for about 2 hours...
Why not longer?

Edit: I just read the your post on the first page...I'm guessing it fell and broke? I know glass is glass but the Gorilla glass 4 is strong enough to withstand a few drops here and there, no? Mine fell once already, thankfully no damage was done other than a minor scratch on the edge screen.

CaptainAwesome Wrote:Why not longer?

Edit: I just read the your post on the first page...I'm guessing it fell and broke? I know glass is glass but the Gorilla glass 4 is strong enough to withstand a few drops here and there, no? Mine fell already, thankfully no damage was done other than a minor scratch on the edge screen.

Technically I still have it.

So I got a S7 Edge... I liked it, pretty cool but I was being frugal and planned on getting a case for it later since Verizon jacks up the price for accessories a lot...well I go to the pool at the gym and what do you know it falls out of my bag onto the concrete floor and shatters the screen and back...

This really made me angry, especially when the shitty insurance Verizon uses refused to cover it... I really hate how we use something that is made nearly of almost complete glass. LG, while their phones have some flaws, at least have a metal frame.

Up until the S7 Edge I had never broken a screen on a phone or any other device.

The phones being made of glass in and out is my gripe with Apple and Samsung....
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Technically I still have it.

So I got a S7 Edge... I liked it, pretty cool but I was being frugal and planned on getting a case for it later since Verizon jacks up the price for accessories a lot...well I go to the pool at the gym and what do you know it falls out of my bag onto the concrete floor and shatters the screen and back...

This really made me angry, especially when the shitty insurance Verizon uses refused to cover it... I really hate how we use something that is made nearly of almost complete glass. LG, while their phones have some flaws, at least have a metal frame.

Up until the S7 Edge I had never broken a screen on a phone or any other device.

The phones being made of glass in and out is my gripe with Apple and Samsung....

Thats tough.
Yeah, its a sad reality, spending a shitload on some of the most beautifully designed devices out there and it ends up just being hidden by a case...but I can see why they opted for glass though, the S5 was all plastic and people panned it for not being 'premium'.
But, If glass isn't your thing, LG/HTC and other OEMs offer metal/metal-plastic designs that look good and are durable.