Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your Favourite Movie when you were a child?
Wow! So many of my favorites have been mentioned. I have to agree with "Old Yeller" and Cinderella. They were up there. But I think I have to list some of the Disney classics like:
"Herbie the Lovebug", "Freaky Friday", "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes", and "The Absent Minded Professor". Oh! And I can't forget "Dr. Doolittle"! I had my first guy-crush on Anthoney Newley! I remember wondering why Samantha Eggar would go for Rex Harrison when a guy like Anthony was right there for the taking! Hah!

Sport77 Wrote:Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Just a really fun movie to watch again and again. Kind of a pre- Harry Potter if you will, and the musical numbers are great.

OMG!! Bedknobs and Broomsticks!!!

I had a "Big Brother" when I was about 10, and he took me to see this movie.
Low and behold, yet another witch movie! I LOVED IT!

The Nightmare Before Christmas Big Grin

Thought of another one that I really loved as a kid.

Anybody remember "The Dark Crystal" ? A Fantastic movie. It had a bit of J.R.R. Tolkien in it and with the work of Jim Henson and Frank Oz! I was into Dungeons and Dragons at the time and loved this. Since my Dad was a Sci Fi fan as well, I saw the premier with him in San Francisco and got autographs too. So it was extra special to me.

Sport77 Wrote:Thought of another one that I really loved as a kid.

Anybody remember "The Dark Crystal" ? A Fantastic movie. It had a bit of J.R.R. Tolkien in it and with the work of Jim Henson and Frank Oz! I was into Dungeons and Dragons at the time and loved this. Since my Dad was a Sci Fi fan as well, I saw the premier with him in San Francisco and got autographs too. So it was extra special to me.

That movie shaped me LoL It's why I find slightly morbid and macabre things so appealing.
I also loved dark crystal!! That is a pretty amazing experience to go to a premier like that.
am I the only one that like horror movies as a child as well? I loved halloween (originals obviously LoL)!!

I tend to enjoy most things that were meant for adults (I'd sneak up late at night to watch them). My forbidden fruit as a child c:

As for things appropriate to my age, I liked most animated movies I guess, as well as Harry Potter dubbed in terrible Swedish :p

LoL I was never into the Harry Potter movies as a child I still haven't seen all the movies. I was and still am a sucker for anime movies... My Neighbor Totoro!!!

Goonies... definitely a classic

quixote87 Wrote:LoL I was never into the Harry Potter movies as a child I still haven't seen all the movies. I was and still am a sucker for anime movies... My Neighbor Totoro!!!

i love totoro ~

cat bus rocks

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. : ) The first movie I saw at the cinema. My Auntie took me and my cousins.
An eye for an eye