Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which dating websites are good?
there are many websites like okcupid, ohmojo, gaydar, onlylads etc.

which websites do you find are good for long-term relationship dating?

I like okcupid out of all. People there seem more decent and serious about finding love. The rest is either sexual or packed with immature guys. Speaking from my owb experience. I have tried many dating websites... fridae, manhunt, gaydar, planetromeo, adam4adam, onlylads, onescene, ohmojo... gay this gay that dot com, so many. But in the end I deleted them and left. Disappointing.

I still keep my okcupid account till today. But recently I deactivated it because I received scam messages! Sad

While it's been a very long time since I've used em its usually a very regional thing. Some sites do way better in some markets. For example I hear people talking about OKCupid all the time and when I signed up there was maybe 12 local people on there. Plenty of Fish probably had 500. You can experiment with a few of them and see where it goes. Usually people on dating sites are more apt to want a relationship as why fill out a 35 page profile if you're just looking to hookup, there is grindr for that.

Oddly enough for the years I was online dating I never met someone that really did anything for me. The 3 I clicked with were all chance Facebook encounters.

thanks for recommending the dating sites guys

Okcupid is good, and it's free. It also has a "match" feature which is based on questions you answer. I am not sure how reliable it is, but it can make for some good segue into convo.

I tried Match. As far as I'm concerned, most of their profiles are not used and are inactive. Of the 1000 profiles in your city, about 30 are actually active. Very disappointing and expensive.

I didn't really care for PlentyofFish. It seem like a higher brow hookup site. I've also never heard of anyone actually dating off of POF, but it does seem to have many active users.

Okcupid is probably the best free one. I met someone on Match.com and went with him for awhile. Match may cost money, but it weeds the casual lookers and people just looking for hookups out because those people don't want to pay a monthly subscription. You can get into conversations quick, because a lot of people are using a free months trial so they are on a time limit, lol.

would love to make contact with someone to date

seems most sites are full of people that want to taese or see who they can get a rise from i use adult friendfinder for many years and have met a few people but only a couple that i am still friends with and actually meet for breakfast or lunch also used a4a and have met my current bf on there met about 2 or 3 months ago and have used squirt and met a fellow who we just talk and might meet for a coffee every so often just to fill the emptiness and talk mind you the bf knows everything as does the gf

I tend to find as well that it depends where you and how popular certain sites are in your country. planet Romeo seems to be relatively unheard of outside Western Europe

I had pretty good luck with POF, met a few guys there and the one ive been dating almost two years I wold give it a shot if I were you Smile.