Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who did you tell first?
Just wondering... If you have told people you're gay / bi, who did you tell first? And why...?

As for me, I told a friend first, over text, in a riddle. (Geek.)
I was bored of the closet, and she kept bloody asking me who I fancied...

I'm only out to some friends, but the first person i came out to i did it on msn Rolleyes you'd think it'd be easier but it took me about an hour an a half to get the bloody thing out. By the time i told her she was like "aww is that it?" haha

I guess if I want to be truthful I did tell one of my friends first. I actually wrote it in a letter, but don't remember if it was an e-mail. I fancied the pants off him and I'd found out he was gay and single (or so I thought) so I kind of told him I liked him a lot, which, of course, was almost like saying the words... The only other person I've "told" told is my mum although I didn't have to say the words: "I'm gay". I wanted to let her know that Marshlander and I had a very special relationship and that I didn't want her to think otherwise. I wrote that in an e-mail and cried reading it out to Marsh as I realised that my mother loved me no matter what, and it was greatly cathartic. I now know my mother had suspected. You don't get to 43 single without someone wondering what your sex/love life is like...

first told my freind. firstly i was to scared to say i was gay so i told her i was bi, through text. i think i nearly had a heart attack while waiting for her reply and twice i went to the bathroom thinking i was going to throw up.
then a bit later i told her i was gay. i told 2 other people, then ended up accidently telling 4 or 5. then i half told my mum because that way if anything happens that it turns out that the feelings i have had for the past few years turn out to be wrong i can take back what i said without being like oh im gay then a few years later "remeber how i'm gay...yea well i was wrong" because i was 100% sure until last summer when i met this girl that i really liked which was a first so it kinda freaked me out, nothing did hapen with that, if anyone was curious.

Stranger things happen, Alan. I had my first sex/love fling with a guy. I knew I liked it that way. Then, as it turned out, I had a 4-year relationship with a girl, whom I really loved (and the feeling was mutual) and so we lived together, but when we had to part (for reasons that would be long to explain... actually they're somewhere in a thread on these pages) I vowed that I would not lie to another woman about being gay, so never undertook any more relationships with women other than close friendships (no sex, no kissing, no intimacy) though it would have been easy to swing that way (girls love the attention they get from gay males, lol! Wink)...
I waited 18 years of long long solitude before I met my wonderful man... It was worth the wait.
What I mean to say is, don't necessarily forego the relationship with the girl if she's ready to be a good partner; She might teach you a thing or two about life.

i suppose, but i only knew her for one day. then she broke her leg and couldn't come out for the rest of the summer and i only knew her through freinds so its kinda weird to just randomly go to a strangers house dont you think?.

We'll just call it a summer crush, shall we? Wink

it might be all it was. i dont really know unless i see her again (probably will at some stage).

flashbacks of grease are now parading through my mind lol.

Lol. LOL. LOLLOLLOL!!! Grease was one of my FAVOURITE films, ever (due to the then handsome John Travolta - I had posters of him all over my room (my man would shudder, lol))... I must have seen it ten or twelve times now. Summer loving... had me ablast...

Tell us more.. tell us more ...