Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who did you tell first?
really i just remember it because i watched it with my sister and her freinds and i was allowed to skip night classes that night (so it was like THE best thing EVER, in my mind anyway lol)

My brother, and best person I could have told! Smile

It was my 18th birthday.
I was extremely drunk and I was sitting outside with my cousin [who is also my best friend] and I remember I started laughing hysterically and just blurted out "I'm gay."

Smile

Very first was my Jr. High School French teacher. She didnt have much to say... I think I shocked her.

Next was a uni Psychiatrist who I think was under orders to tell all gays at the time that they were straight and to date girls which I did to disastrous results. An upper classwoman went after me but she was a catholic and wouldnt give up her virginity.

Anyone know Rocky Horror Picture Show? That is where I came out to the world. We had a great party after that coming out...

Yes, I know the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which I posted about in one of the threads with a picture, lol...

Interesting to note that, for the moment, 12 voters only, none managed to tell their pa or ma first... I believe that figures.

So it's been MOSTLY FRIENDS, has it? I suppose they are easier to tell the truth: they don't know you the way your family know you (or think they know you); they don't have the same vested interest in what you'll become in the family (sterile son, uncle, daughter, aunt ...); what's more, you've chosen them as friends so they are surely trustworthy... No, I'm not saying a bad experience can't happen in that respect... it can... but it's less likely, isn't it?

I think it's good to practise your COMING OUT with friends who respect you and whom you respect. Leaves a nice cushion to fall back onto in case shit hits the fan.

First came out to a close friend... the story of which can be found here... http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/showpost.p...stcount=10

Great story, Michael. Don't we wish it could happen that way to every child... It's bad enough realising you're different. But we're not monsters. What do parents think??? Glad yours still love you. I know mine do and I respect them for that. My mum only wanted us to be happy.

The first person I ever told was my mate Nik, who I got to know through my best friend Kay. He was a school mate of her's and we used to chat every night. I knew he was gay (and actually quite fancied him but shhh) but he had depression issues and I used to chat to him and help him through, but one day I thought I should tell him, so I did. I did what most guys do and said "I'm bi" to start with as I was still going out with Kay at the time (now best friends) so I couldn't say I was gay for obvious reasons. But then I told my mate Steve - who I knew was gay/bi but who denied it to himself until he was 16. And then gradually just told all my mates who were absolutely wicked bout it all. Funnilly enough, one evening Kay (my gf at the time) said she needed to tell me something and said "I'm gay" at which point I was like woooo hoooo and told her I was too - so that was pretty amazing!

I have never had a negative experience yet *touch wood* but one that scared me was a mate Jen from work. We were out getting drunk one night and I told her and she went "really?" and then her face dropped and she started going "you fcker!" and backing away and then she went off and I was like *gulp*. And everytime I saw her during the night she just went off. But I got a bit upset and was crying - and she came over and cuddled me and was like "what's wrong?" and I was like "you don't like me anymore coz I'm gay :frown:" and she was like "so you are then! i was just annoyed! i thought you were lying to me and trying to take the piss out of me so I've been asking everyone and it turns out you actually are!!" so she was just annoyed coz she thought I was lying LOL.

I told people I met on faceparty first. Some grew to be close with. One of them was in real life. But yeh, I found my gay online identity before real life as it was easier if that makes sense... :confused:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:I told people I met on faceparty first. Some grew to be close with. One of them was in real life. But yeh, I found my gay online identity before real life as it was easier if that makes sense... :confused:

In that respect I came out online first... aside from the gay sites... I was out on the bodybuilding sites before coming out to someone I knew first... with the nature of the site, there is mixed views on it... but as its a place where I knew no one and cared for no one on there.. it didn't bother me to come out and I could at least be myself on there.