Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I'm so fu***** angry and stressed out!
MisterLove Wrote:It's not just a conspiracy theory, in this country the government really wants to dismantle public school and hand it over to private corporations and makes no secret of it.

Would that be such a bad thing?
I would think that if corporations ran schools, that would be better off than what you have now.

Has the government offered any terms or policies on how schools would be run if turned over to corporations?

I would think it would be better off, because the corporations would not want to lose money, so they would have to standardize teachers wages and benefits, and the schools themselves would have to be upgraded and modernized for them to see any profit from them.

Well, teaching has been one of those very...unrepsonsive jobs. Teachers aren't appercieated as much as they should be. I'm actually planning to write a letter to all my high school teachers ( all the ones that had taught me since grade.8 to grade.12) and write a little thank you letter to all of them.

I just hope you'll get a class full of students like me...otherwise..good luck LOL

Evan88 Wrote:Mister Love, i believe teachers there in Portugal are paid better, you dont wanna know the salary of teachers here in the Philippines.. At least you're teaching in a first world country..

Believe me Honey, Portugal is not first world.

I hate this country to pieces, it's the poorest, most corrupt and pathetic nation in Western Europe.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Would that be such a bad thing?

It could work in a decent country, certainly not here.

It's a cultural thing and it's probably difficult for you to understand because you don't live here but in this country honesty doesn't pay off, you cannot play by the rules if you want to survive.

Let me just give you an example: in Germany, until recently there was no legal minimum wage and the system worked fine; in Portugal, that would never work, we would have modern day slavery in a massive scale. The state HAS to intervene and inforce some decency and common sense.

Alternatively, while you still have that teaching position, look for another job. I feel for you as many teachers are not compensated enough for all the efforts the decent to good ones put into their work. May your situation be temporary. Smile

MisterLove Wrote:It could work in a decent country, certainly not here.

It's a cultural thing and it's probably difficult for you to understand because you don't live here but in this country honesty doesn't pay off, you cannot play by the rules if you want to survive.

Let me just give you an example: in Germany, until recently there was no legal minimum wage and the system worked fine; in Portugal, that would never work, we would have modern day slavery in a massive scale. The state HAS to intervene and inforce some decency and common sense.

Well, hopefully something better will come across for you one day soon.

What about the private schools? Are there private schools there? Do they pay better? Maybe become a private tutor for a rich family?