Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you love where you live?
ChrisD Wrote:Cons:
People tend to drive very aggressively (especially on rt 84, 72, 91...);

I'm guilty of this. If you see a grey bug speeding down the highway
with a stuffed panda on the back window..

Thats me.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out lol. I'm terrified of my father's driving, he weaves in and out of traffic, tailgates people, and speeds....a lot. And then he turns around and complains about people tailgating him! And god forbid I should utter the phrase "safe following distance"....... I wonder why CT is so bad? When I went to VT it was completely different, people were actually nice to each other on the road...

haha.

It's VT, they have moose and other wildlife to worry about ;D

lol true....oh well, I guess it's all part of the New England charm......

You think Connecticut is bad? Try driving in NJ for a day, the lack of consideration for other drivers is astounding! It's almost like they go out of their way to be assholes -.-

I personally have always disliked the idea of living in a highly populated state. I have a strong preference for smaller states. There's just more adventure to be discovered in smaller states than in tourist trap states like California and Colorado (both of which I feel are overrated, especially California. No offense). That's part of the reason why I love Arkansas Smile

im biased toward Hawaii; even if I moved to California 9 years ago. as much as I enjoy California, Hawaii will always be "home."

after all, it is the aloha state: abundant sunshine, cornucopia of cultures, rainbow of food, and predominately white sandy beaches

Arkansota Wrote:I personally have always disliked the idea of living in a highly populated state. I have a strong preference for smaller states. There's just more adventure to be discovered in smaller states than in tourist trap states like California and Colorado (both of which I feel are overrated, especially California. No offense). That's part of the reason why I love Arkansas Smile

You feel.... Oh that ain't going to fly sonny boy, I want links - I want demonstrable proof that California is 'overrated'. I gave you links and there are many more where those came from to demonstrate that California is the most awesome of states in the whole Union.

If you have never been to California you can't really say any of that pure horse apple stuff you are trying to pass off as 'fact'

We have large cities and a 30min-1 hour drive you hit small towns with populations around or less than 1000.

http://www.city-data.com/city/California3.html

Arkansas for comparison: http://www.city-data.com/city/Arkansas3.html

We have national and State Forests and Park-lands coming out the yang yang.

Behind my back yard is part of the Pacific trail. I can literally swim across the river and be in a state park and then I can proceed to walk all the way to Oregon or Mexico on the Pacific Crest Trail. All the way up to Canada if the mood strikes. Can you get to another nation from where you are just by walking a trail?

California: 163,696 sq miles (423,970 km²)
Arkansas: 53,179 sq miles (137,733 km²)

Coastlines:
California: 840 miles
Arkansas: oops your land locked there sweetie.

Highest peak:

California: Mt. Whitney: 14,505 ft (4421 m)

Arkansas: Mount Magazine 2,753 feet

You call that a mountain - We have HUGE mountains, two ranges worth of them (Sierra Nevada and Coastal) our foot hills are taller than your pathetic little "mountain".

Honestly, what is there to discover in Arkansas besides 100% humidity, alligators, deadly snakes and inbred hillbillies? Rofl

You want adventure - We got it. We got a sampling of every single culture and perceptive you can think of. Hell just one of our cities (San Francisco) is a city composed of tiny towns with each district being culturally biased - Little China, Little Japan, Little Italy, Mission District.... - Adventure, we can pack a hella lot of adventure in a 5 mile by 5 mile peninsula of land imagine how much more we can pack on the 163,696 sq miles of California.

Southern Hospitality, My goodness you just have no idea what that is until you come out my way. Here in the Center of California we got southern hospitality just oozing out of every poor, from Rednecks and Cowboys, to sweet tea - and a lot of people who talk with a decided southerish twang.

Hell we even have Religious Fundamentalists that will hate you as hard as any Arkansan - And not only do we have Christian fundamentalists, we also have Muslim Fundamentalists in case you are tired of Christian hate and need a change of venue. bored with Going to Hell, well just walk down the road a peace and you will have a Jihad!

Adventure - Lordy, Lordy you have no idea how much adventure can be found.

There is so much do to, see and discover we have whole television programs that have ran for over decade on California's Gold. All that show does is go from place to place revealing the vast diversity in everything California has.

so does Arkansas have its own TV show?

Doubtful, Its so lame it doesn't even have its own name, it stole it from Kansas and that was simply because some inbred hill billy pointed north and said 'That's Kansas' and this is 'our Kansas'.:tongue:

I live in South Africa

Pros
Great weather
Beautiful country
Gay rights protected in the constitution.

Cons
Highest levels of violent crime anywhere. Rape of 2 y/o's murder of the elderly and necklacing (put an old tyre round your neck, pour in petrol & set it alight)

No policing. Honest cops cannot get partners because the partner's will "go hungry"
bribes are referred to as coldrink (personel experience)

Hospitals are virtually non existent (Even Nelson mandala's ambulance broke down on the way to hospital)

Education has fallen apart, The last 2 generations are virtually unemployable due to the experiment of outcome's based education, by a former illiterate minister (literally)

Corruption and morality in the government is the order of the day. Due to aids (a legacy of another minister's belief that African potato and beetroot can cure aids, we have the phenomenon of child headed households, but our president can build himself a private compound costing R200 000 000 (yes 200 Million)

Para-statals Railways / Airline / electricity are bankrupt

There is no water security as acid mining waste pollutes most of the subterranean water

Sigh.... The list goes on

Oh, A bright light at the end of the tunnel !

According to our eloquent president we have better toll roads than Malawie

What you guys think of this place?

it's okay .
but people that i love a very very lot live here too , which makes it awesome