Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is circumcision so popular in the US?
Beau Wrote:I was really saddened that these future mothers were willing to chop off a natural part of their male children just because they thought it looked better. Confusedad:

not necessarily
i think blonde is better than brunette (usually) but that doesn't mean i'm going to attack my baby with hair bleach ~

megumidesu Wrote:not necessarily
i think blonde is better than brunette (usually) but that doesn't mean i'm going to attack my baby with hair bleach ~

But hair color is a varietal feature that parents accept. Foreskins come with every boy, yet circumcision is prevalent. And a little barbaric, imho...

Counselor Wrote:But hair color is a varietal feature that parents accept. Foreskins come with every boy, yet circumcision is prevalent. And a little barbaric, imho...

yes i know , what i'm saying is that just because some teenage girls say that they prefer it , that doesn't mean that they're going to have it done to their kids ~

I never really thought it was just for looks. Some people i've talked to said it was cause of religion, some said it's cause their parents didnt want their son to differ from their father, some do it for looks, some for cleanliness of the kid, and some people just do it cause they think its a normal thing for people to do to their son. It differs depending on the parent and their background and knowledge on the subject. I wouldn't put hate or opinion on anyone without knowing the reason behind their choice for their son. I had asked my mother once about it. She said she left it to my dad and his views in his religion and she said she had no idea about any of it (im the first and only son). She said it would also help to be like my dad seeing that he is the father figure and to know that I look just like him would help with the child raising and awkwardness of growing up. At first I was freaked out and kinda scared about the whole subject, seeing my cousin and wondering why he looked different, and (awkward enough) that question went on till the beginning of highschool during those embarrassing (yet awesome) moments in gym when the sports people would shower during our phys ed class. But I'm comfortable with myself now that I'm older and understand.
Anywho, it's all preference, knowledge, and background. People have their reasons, I don't judge without knowing them first.

megumidesu Wrote:yes i know , what i'm saying is that just because some teenage girls say that they prefer it , that doesn't mean that they're going to have it done to their kids ~

I see your point now.

I have no real opinion. Except......I am Cut. I will tell you, I Do no not feel like half a man, unfinished or feel like I have a diminished sex life, or any any other bullshit anti-cut argument you wanna come up with. I've never woken up and thought Fuck me my car has no hood. lol

Mick

kentucky_boy85 Wrote:I am uncut myself and have never understood why most other Americans put their kids though this ordeal. There are a lot of negative myths that are going on about it and in my case none of them are true. I am just as hygienic down there than circumcised men. I've never had any problems with it not wanting to retract and I've never picked up any sexually transmitted diseases in the 11 years I've been sexually active. I lived in Germany for 3 years and found the same true about all the other men there. So why in America is this surgery so popular?

From my understanding, it has to do with hygeine. "Back when", I think before indoor plumbing....people werent all that clean, and this was one way of fighting off male infections when they got older, and the spread of disease.

Nowdays, its more just about "the way its always been done" kind of thing.

Personally (no offense to anyone), Ive never been with a guy who's had foreskin, and I am very happy about it. Its an extreme turn off for me. Shallow, maybe...but Ive seen WAY too many photos from men with foreskin who dont keep it clean and what can happen.

I am slightly "germ-a-phobic" I guess. If I am interested in being with guy, I base pretty much everything on how clean he is. If I have one iota of doubt about his cleanliness, its all off.

MisterTinkles Wrote:... but Ive seen WAY too many photos from men with foreskin who dont keep it clean and what can happen. I am slightly "germ-a-phobic" I guess.
You said your self, with the availability of modern plumbing in the US not an issue keeping your self clean. Your pud; foreskin or not, is not the most germ contaminated part of your body anyways. Shake strainger's hand and then rub your eyes with the same hand and see where that gets you.

the human race was is always into some sort of body modification mutilation.