Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is circumcision so popular in the US?
I am cut, and i prefer my man to be too. I dont really know why, but my preference is cut. Although i have been with uncut men, and it doesnt change my sexual attractiveness to any one individual, i just.prefer them cut Smile

Pix Wrote:I'm glad that those who were so mutilated

i already know that nothing I say can change your point of view, but I find this talk offensive, I do not feel mutilated or grotesque or strange or anything else you may want to passive-aggressively aim in my direction in order to state your agenda. I too am against female circumcision but that is genuine torture that can cause serious risks. I do not know why you back a cause and feel like you can say whatever you want in a manner that backhandedly insults those that it "affects" but I nor anyone else who isn't against it should have to be spoken about in this manner.

I am not nor do I feel "mutilated", and I think by using blanket statements like this hurts your cause more than supports it.

curiousanon Wrote:I do not see any long lasting negative results from being circumcised. I don't condemn the doctor who did it to me, or my parents for choosing it. People have their preferences but I don't see anything to dramatize.
I find it more aesthetically pleasing, myself

Apart from the ''aesthetic'' (???) side, you'll never know what your body is missing, since you didn't live long enough with your foreskin to know what it brings to your life experience.

Had you had to take the decision for yourself in adult years, you may have thought about it differently. Although most people could probably manage to live without their little finger, I doubt that people would opt for cutting the finger off their child just for aesthetic or religious reasons. No adult would cut it off unless it was lost to gangrene. It's like teeth. Who would pull them out if they were healthy? In China the practice of stumped foot growth has now stopped, being a mutilation that has been judged quite repugnant and maligning.

The point of not allowing circumcision to be done on infants is mainly one of self determination. The foreskin probably has more use to a man than his appendix or even maybe his tonsils, but I wouldn't recommend taking those out just for the sake of taking them out.

Remember it's not just an aesthetic (or medical) ''benefit'' (??) that's at stake, it's also a whole industry and presumably quite a few dollars, or whatever currency is running in the country.

curiousanon Wrote:i already know that nothing I say can change your point of view, but I find this talk offensive, I do not feel mutilated or grotesque or strange or anything else you may want to passive-aggressively aim in my direction in order to state your agenda. I too am against female circumcision but that is genuine torture that can cause serious risks. I do not know why you back a cause and feel like you can say whatever you want in a manner that backhandedly insults those that it "affects" but I nor anyone else who isn't against it should have to be spoken about in this manner.

I am not nor do I feel "mutilated", and I think by using blanket statements like this hurts your cause more than supports it.

The fact that you find that offensive shows that you understand that you've been robbed of your right to consent to give that part of your body up, whether you feel mutilated or not. Look up the definition of mutilation. It's not quite the same as being handicapped, as with the loss of a leg or arm, of course. Honestly there is no shame to be felt about it; it just is as it is, and nothing can change it. Gladly, you don't feel that you're missing out on anything.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreediction...mutilation
I think Pix is just calling a spade a spade. It's not an attack against you or anyone else who's undergone the procedure.

You don't call yourself "uncircumcised", or "uncut", do you? If the medical world calls it a 'mutilation', why would anyone be wrong to use that term?

Again, the point here is that it wasn't YOUR choice to make. What was your parents' reason for having the procedure done to you (and maybe your siblings)? Was it religious? Cultural? Medical? Or just random?

i respectively disagree and no longer want to fuel this fire, you do not know how i feel and the offense came from calling me indirectly something that i am not

I'd just like to add that the clip I saw of an infant being circumcised included the infant shrieking in ineffable agony. And again, accidents that create a true debilitating injury there are not unknown, one of which ended with a lifetime of misery and ended in suicide because the routine procedure took his entire penis. And for what? I haven't heard a reason I consider valid yet or wouldn't be scoffed at by the uncircumcised. (ETA: a nurse who helped in that before turned against it from what she saw.)

Many people mutilate and scar themselves (and each other) for a variety of reasons, and often see having been cut, scarred, mutilated with pride. I'm ok with that because they do it to themselves (hopefully as an adult rather than a kid) it isn't inflicted upon them without their consent (and just because they don't recall the utter torture of it doesn't mean they didn't shriek in agony themselves when it happened).

Nevertheless, I'll try to think of another word to use in the future (even if it's an accurate word) when describing it casually.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I was going to create a new one but this one popped up first.

When I was in high school many moons ago I was in a class mostly dominated by girls. There were about 3 guys in it total. The teacher was also a woman. Somehow the conversation over circumcision came up. There really wasn't a debate about it. Most of the girls thought a circumcised penis looked better than an uncut penis. I was 16 at the time so talking to all these ladies about my private parts wasn't going to happen. I was really saddened that these future mothers were willing to chop off a natural part of their male children just because they thought it looked better. Confusedad:

Beau Wrote:Most of the girls thought a circumcised penis looked better than an uncut penis. I was 16

I'm surprised they'd all seen enough penises to know.

Cos they are all small boys and they think it makes them look bigger. The irony is, US guys who read my stuff like the fact that there are 4skins.

writerken Wrote:The irony is, US guys who read my stuff like the fact that there are 4skins.

It's called penis envy.

Now give me a link.