Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a skinny person?
Apparently some people in the world, like um, perfect strangers, feel that I'm a wee bit on the thin side. My ribs stick out slightly, my cheek bones are a wee bit enhanced by only slightly sunken cheeks... (mind all of this is slightly)

So we now know how high everyone will go, I would like to know how low would you go?

Currently I'm 147# at 6'1" tall. Too thin, or not thin enough - I''m willing to drop to 110-120 pounds before seeking medical assistance- I'm definitely not obese, overweight or fat - so I must be perfectly or near perfectly fit.... right?

Thread started by a wistful person saying one should be started, and since I'm not ashamed to admit I have a 'little' eating disorder (if not eating is a disorder in today's pandemic obesity), I decided to take one for the team -

Do feel free to be openly and hostilely/bluntly honest about what you think of thin.

To be HONEST.......I dont care.

I have seen plenty of cute guys who have looked SO anorexic, its pretty gross. But as with obesity, there are those out there who have problems gaining weight at all. And I have to keep this in mind when I see these people.

Yes, I would date him, if we got along and connected. I would be afraid of breaking him in half though.
Seriously!!!

I dont find skinny, super thin, or anorexic looking people "sexy" at all. But as I said in other posts, working brains and knowledge is what turns me on.

There are many other aspects I would consider besides skinny/fat, pretty/ugly....before I would make a decision.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-IdRAMbdehsNCK6Lfur7...P1uEI63V3d]

I see people for their personalities and I generally do not care how "skinny" or "fat" someone is as long as they are healthy.

I don't have a maximum or minimum weight I'd find acceptable. I go for personality more than for looks anyway. The one and only thing that's important to me is that you're healthy and your weight doesn't affect our lives.

That being said, obviously everyone has preferences, and honestly I'd prefer someone average to a little heavier. For starters sex with (too) skinny guys makes me afraid that I'll hurt them, and secondly I just like to have something to hold onto. That doesn't mean I wouldn't date a skinny guy, though. If I happened to meet one who I got along with perfectly, what he looked like (or his weight) really wouldn't change my feelings for him at all.

6'1 and 147lbs doesn't sound too bad, actually. I mean it's skinny, but not freakishly underweight. I wouldn't drop any more if I were you, though. And please don't wait until you're 110 before seeking medical assistance.. 110 sounds way too low and pretty unhealthy.

You seem to think there's a reasonable chance you'll actually drop to 110-120, and if that's true, then don't wait.. get help now instead of waiting for things to get worse.

Personally, probably not. But that's why we have so many different body types- So that there's something for everyone.

My personal preferences are with people around my own size: average. Not too big, not too small, and not too muscular. This doesn't really have anything to do with me judging others (though I do that sometimes for unrelated reasons). I just feel comfortable around people I can relate to more, which makes relationships easier.

So to answer your question, no I would not.

Yeah, probably.

I think we should all realise that we're all far too obsessed with how our bodies look. It's not even one aim we're going for anymore, we're just all really confused about how our bodies should look, when really, there's no right way your body should look.

My rib-bones show a little bit, and my upper body is a little oddly thin compared to my lower body which is quite bulky, and yeah that does make me feel weird and self-conscious, and that's why I don't go jogging, and why I like to cover up when I go outside. But, in the end, I realise it really doesn't matter that much, at least not as much as I think it does.

I'm pretty sure that if you like someone, a personality and mental attraction is a whole lot stronger than just a passing shallow physical one (because that happens wayyy more often than a real personality attraction)

Bwahaha I like this thread. I only date slim jims. Tho I dunno if you are perfect. Perfection to moi is kinda subjective to what I want.

Do you have a 6pac good dress sense. Actually I'll be the judge on your dress sense. Are you between the ages of 18 - 23?
Can you make me sammages while I play call of duty?

This is the criteria to date the joshular if you done don't match it then soz. I'm looking for someone for the long hall not yo and they gots to be up to my standards

u.u

Pengy
Quack

Joshular Wrote:Bwahaha I like this thread. I only date slim jims. Tho I dunno if you are perfect. Perfection to moi is kinda subjective to what I want.

Do you have a 6pac good dress sense. Actually I'll be the judge on your dress sense. Are you between the ages of 18 - 23?
Can you make me sammages while I play call of duty?

This is the criteria to date the joshular if you done don't match it then soz. I'm looking for someone for the long hall not yo and they gots to be up to my standards

u.u

Pengy
Quack

Well, seeing as Miles' and I are getting a divorce now, cause his a icky philanderer...After all that I've given too his neurotic ass!!! Msn-slapping

This means we can get together now Joshie hunni. I can make slammin sammages and I might even kick your ass once or twice in CoD Im-blushing-smiley cause I eat Camping newbs fa breakfast and dinner.

All while wearing a fabulous open chest top with floral pattern and slim jeans on my annoyingly wide hips.. (like I'm giving birth -.- ) and a nice Apron with the frills and a Pie in my other hand ^.^

I think I surpass your Requirements Joshie... consider myself your Babe lol
Hands-make-heart

6' 1" and 147# may be fine for an elf, but not for a human or half-breed. I agree with Evan: don't wait until you hit <120 to seek help. I can't think of a healthy reason for you to drop any more weight!

I'm glad you brought this subject to the forum. Body image is a complex subject, and gay body image has its own additional issues. I don't place much value in the latest BMI indexes or the moving target of what is and isn't officially average. A little padding is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. Moderation in all things -- including moderation!

The way you brought this up has me thinking that you have an issue with your weight. I hope that changes. I'd hate for you to blow away in a strong wind!