Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a skinny person?
Ideally (as in based on looks only?) no. But who knows who I will date, it is about who I click with.

Sadly, being skinny all your life and wanting to change it can be harder than being overweight and wanting to change that. Building muscle can be a hard thing to do especially for people with "runner" style bodies.

I don't like anorexic levels of thin, and I don't like obese.

If you want me to by completely blunt and shallow this would be my ideal body for a partner. Not skinny, not fat, a little bit of natural pudge (not everyone has low bodyfat).

[Image: Scott-Caan-itb01.jpg]

Also IMPORTANTLY in regards to your weight being healthy? seek your doctors advice.

I know people that really appear close to anorexic levels of thin, however their general health, bloodwork and day to day life is healthy as can be, it is just part of their genetics. But it is something that should always be asked and confirmed.

As long as you get a healthy diet, and your doctor confirms that your bloodwork and health is fine, then don't worry about it, unless you WAN'T to change it. If you do, there is plenty of advice around the internet on "minor" bodybuilding. And you can do it at home, for general fitness not just looks without any equipment. That is how I prefer it at least.

For example, I went from no chest, to small pecs in 4-5 months just from doing a good military recruit style of pushup program at home, before my morning and night showers.

yeah for sure there is nothing wrong with skinny guys =-p

i wouldn't really care. My high school crush was really skinny. But I was more attracted to his music. He played double bass like a pro, and his tune was so enticing! Smile

i just been learning pounds to stone measurement... i weigh 126 pounds at 5ft7, it evens out pretty well, theres junk in the trunk though sometimes i wish i had more reserves, my hands and feet always get cold, my collar bone feels prominent, i skip meals, sometimes having one meal a day, i think i have a lot of energy so i burn it all off quite quickly and then i dont eat well if im worried or stressed, which is a lot of the time lately seeing as im getting evicted

id date a skinny person with height but not small & skinny guy... probably

i would just like to point out that anorexia is a mental illness , not a body type.

Meg that is so true, which is why I refrained from asking 'Would you date an anorexic person.'

My thread was started as a rebuttal to the obesity threads.

It annoys me a bit that the world is actually focused on overweight issues far more than underweight issues. While one can find thousands of suggestions, diets and the like for losing weight - gaining weight is a subject with far less commentary, diets and the like.

I guess it would depend on how thin the person is. If it's possible to see every bone sticking out, something is very wrong. Anyway I think better thin than fat.

I have no idea whether 147lbs at 6'1" is healthy or not, but if complete strangers comment on how skinny you are it may be a good idea to speak to a doctor about it. Anorexia is nothing to play around with, my sister has been struggling with it for years and has been in and out of eating disorder treatment centers. It has ruined her life, please do not allow it to ruin yours.

I personally cannot picture myself dating a skinny person again, though in the past I have. I am simply not attracted to skin and bones, and prefer bigger women. To each their own though, I'd wager that far more people are attracted to skinnies than fatties.

I like a guy with a little meat on his bones. Plus, I get very self-conscious if I'm not the thinner one in the relationship. I know, I'm weird. But that's just me. Lol