Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a skinny person?
I'm 5'11" and currently wieght in at 220lbs. At my heaviest a few years back I was 285. I got as low as 200 last spring. I've been trending downward for about 3 years now, but still not entirely happy about where I'm at. But overall, much happier than I was when I was bigger. That's me for a frame of reference.

My previous live in boyfriend claimed to be 280 when we first met. I let him get away with the fib because I didn't care. He was definitely bigger than that. He was tall and had enough muscle to throw me over his shoulder like a rag doll, and quite a bit of padding over that. He was also an ex prison guard and knew dozens of ways to take a guy to the ground, had a concealed carry permit and had his Glock fused to his hip, and had a pit bull named Sam. What was nice was the fact that all the neighbors knew we were a couple and were just plain too intimidated by the guy to bother with being redneck jerks to us (this was Arkansas). So yeah, I have no problem with bigger guys.

At present I'm dating a Lutheran pastor who is an inch shorter than me and probably 40-50 lbs lighter. Not rail thin or emaciated but to me he's skinny as heck. I like him a lot. Body type doesn't really come into it. This guy has my attention because he's smart and we like and do a lot of the same things. We both enjoy antiques, we have music as a common passion, and we're both fathers. I could see us being the "finish each others sentences" type of couple someday.

I would date someone even thinner if we enjoyed each others company.

I'm fairly slim myself, so in general I'd say 'yeah'
if they were overly skinny i don't know for sure
overall though i think it'd be more important is how they were as a person/personality/etc

I am quite thin. I only weigh barely 10 stone which isn't a lot. I don't know how much that is in kilos or lbs but its not much. However, I eat as healthy as I can do, though I need to lay off some of the junk food. I eat a lot but don't put any weight on. Some people may dream of that but its a nightmare as I want to gain weight and muscle but don't see it happening somehow.