Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoga?
MRossW Wrote:...
About 45 minutes into the class two things happened: first, my body just sort of "fell into it" - I started to relax, my ability to focus rose noticeably, and I was doing full poses at least briefly without too much strain but being careful not to push it....
Wow, that is impressive. I've never had that happen to me in Yoga, so congratulations.

About the senior class, that was pretty tactless of your teacher, but you could also look at them as a build-up to the class you just went to.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Gas is definitely not uncommon in yoga and can be unfortunate in a closed room...add 100 degree temps and it seems to cook more!

Yoga not only stretches joints and muscles, but there is also a lot of compression involved. Couple that with your body falling in to a more relaxed state...well you get the idea.

Lay off the broccoli on yoga night and make sure you vacate your bowels before class.

As for the seniors class, your teacher is a bum. Wink If you benefitted from this class, enjoyed it, and want to go again, stay with it. It's only gonna get better!

That's great that you made it to your first class and had such a good experience. Keep it up!

Yoga even has a pose called wind relieving pose. You could perform this before class. Also it's good to practice with an empty stomach. So try not to eat for two hours before class.

In my 20s I used to attend a seniors' stretch class. I was the youngest in the class by 4 decades. It was so much fun! They were old enough not to give a damn about much and just have a good time together. Everyone but me was retired and this class seemed like it was the highlight of that day for them. Huge camaraderie in that class. We'd stretch for a full hour.

Your teacher probably suggested the senior class because it focuses on the fundamentals and has a leisurely pace. The suggestion was based on the poses in that class, and not necessarily about your age or physical condition.

ive been told by doctors and physical therapists a few times to take up yoga after many many accidents, they alleviate the immediate injury pains and they say the yoga would keep it at bay - nothing to loose really - I would give it a shot