Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoko Ono
Yes she was famous in a certain world*, I still don't consider her an artist, being a part of that world doesn't mean being an artist, I know that world and I avoid it... Especially when you become overexposed (with exception, obviously) but this is only my opinion.

*but now she became famous at the public for another one reason.
She's really overexposed in comparison of other 'colleagues'. And yes, maybe being so confident is a big part of the whole thing. ;-)

I don't know. I really like her, as a human being and as an artist. I just think that the general perception of her is that she makes crazy music no one can identify with (such as this one art piece she did where she stood in front of a crowd and screamed/cried/made strange noises for about three minutes straight before walking away). And even though that isn't true--as you say, she makes more than that---people like to believe what they originally believed. So if they have always thought of her as unrelatable, they probably aren't going to take the time to do more research on her and discover her other sides.