Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Childhood Dreams
What was it?

When we are very young (yes i know some of you still are lol) people will normally ask how you see yorself as a grown up. So here is the question: What did you want to do as a profession or something else you wanted to do when you were young?If you are old enough to answer this part of the question, have you followed you childhood ambition and dreams?

Train driver, then astronaut. No, didn't manage either of them.

When I was young,I wanted to become an account.Then I did it in high school and I resented it,even started bunking!Now I'm an assetts manager which does require a certain amount of accounting skills.

I wholeheartedly believe that when we are kids we do know what is our 'destiny' , it is only that sometimes we miss it or forget when we get older. As for myself this is true, always knew what i want to do but went in a different direction feeling empty and a year ago i came to realize that is not late and have to follow my childhood dreams no matter how silly they seem to others.

So....
Profession wise i wanted to be :
A world explorer- still in my plans
Lawyer- i am glad i didnt.
Journalist- intent to do something similar
Actor- would have been nice, had an offer from a drama school which i rejected.

Other things i wanted to do:
Fly- never happened unless when i am on an airplane...
Go to Naples- done it
Live abroad- done it
Win an Oscar or a Nobel prize for something- as long there is life there is hope they say! :biggrin:

When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher, I still do want to be a teacher but my original idea has grown. I wanted to teach in Primary Schools (Obviously, as a child I didn't really know much of how secondary works). I now hope to teach German, and I'm currently studying German at college and I'm hoping to eventually follow a career in this Big Grin Ohye!

hahaha, this conversation thread is amusing. When I was young I wanted to be either a chef or a conductor (in French Chef d'orchestre) in any case a chief, lol, well how did I end up being a teacher?

I wanted to be a fireman or policeman = think I started a perv for uniforms in first grade...

When I was really little, I wanted to be a pilot. Then, I wanted to be a vet. Before you knew it, I had aspirations of being a movie director/writer/producer. Then I found Classics, which basically made me want to be a teacher. What a progression. Who knows where I'll be in the next couple years.

I'm a music guy now, but I only got into music about 4 years ago...

When I was little I just wanted to be left alone. I dunno what I want to be. Stop asking me questions. That sort of thing.

And before that I wanted to be a stuntman!

I originally wanted to be a school teacher... til I realised the stresses etc.
Then I wanted to be a vet or a doctor. But then I went on my first aeroplane trip and I suddenly wanted to be a pilot, til I realised you had to be good at maths... so I decided air line host. But was told I'm too good for that by my language teachers!