Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinion with hanging out with your Ex
I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two years. We went through a lot of ups and downs. However though, we continue to hang out. After the breakup, we're more relaxed and happy with each other.

What are your takes on hanging out with your ex?

I think it should be taken case by case. It seems like for you and your boyfriend it's perfectly fine. If you guys can become friends, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Just get ready to explain it to your next boyfriend.

i always lived in a philosophy that past is past. and i don't believe ex lovers can be friends so i may have to advise you stay away from him. and find yourself another man.

invis85 Wrote:I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two years. We went through a lot of ups and downs. However though, we continue to hang out. After the breakup, we're more relaxed and happy with each other.

What are your takes on hanging out with your ex?

I am friends with all my exes except for one....I think it is natural to stay friends.

well, sometimes, ex lovers can be very oppurtunistic.... coming back at you and then after they're bored, they're gonna approach you again, and then break up with you again, until the cycle never ends.

If exes both want to stay friends what's the problem? It becomes difficult where the relationship involved an unequal distribution of power, was abusive, or ended so badly nothing is retrievable.

well, sometimes, ex lovers can be very oppurtunistic.... coming back at you and then after they're bored, they're gonna approach you again, and then break up with you again, until the cycle never ends.

That premise is odd for me...do you not have any part in the process? The cycle can only happen with both people's full participation. I need to be friends with my lovers and I need to respect them as people or we would have never had a relationship to begin with...I need to "like" someone before I can love them..these things dont' change because we are not lovers anymore.

well, you do have a point but sometimes, most exes have some hidden motives while they're wanting to make friends with you.

The thing that worries me is that we didn't leave time after our break up to digest what happened. I feel the attraction is still there.

I feel we're not able to move on, but who's talking about moving on anyway?

Hanging out with ex doesn't matter, but only when u don't have a new bf yet. In your case, if u are still in love with him, what's the matter with trying again? Chance sometimes just comes once and disappears very quickly