Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zodiac signs
I believe it is true for multiply reasons, but lately I have gotten better at guessing peoples zodiac signs alone from look and personality.

I guessed Gordon Ramsay was scorpio, because he shows true leadership, got a lot of energy within him and he is emotional. Smile

That makes me believe it is true.

Mine is pretty annoyingly accurate considering I don't tend to believe in stuff like this. I remember I had a friend "predict" my personality (whatever that means) through my Zodiac and I ended up having to look it up because I thought she was pulling my leg XD Like, especially with the whole "two personalities in one thing" - I remember thinking she was just making that up, cause even though Gemini's symbol is the twins (so it kind of makes sense symbolically) it just felt far too specific to me to actually be a thing.

The trick with writing these things is to be so broad and general that they could apply to just about anyone.
So yeah, my own sign sounds accurate, as does most of the others.

A silly idea perhaps, but if the positioning of the planets did impact our personalities and destinies, what impact would travelling thousands of light years from the solar system have on a person?
Is their range of influence infinite?
Would a person born in another system be affected by those nearby planets instead? Or is there something special about our solar system?

The whole idea just comes off as completely baseless to me.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I just did the "relationship test" thing with the starsigns of me and the person I'm interested in and the answer it gave was basically "this relationship will be difficult because of all the reasons it is currently being difficult". (I mean, it didn't say this in a general sense, it specifically pointed out all the problems/incompatibilities between the two of us)
This is why I don't bother with this stuff - it creeps me the heck out because it never seems to be half-right. Whenever I look into it it's always 100% right or completely off the mark... and I can only remember a single time where the latter was the case...

Edit: The more I read through this starsign compatibility thing the more creeped out I get XD

Finding it annoying doesn't surprise me, most people don't believe it, so they get upset when it sound accurate. My mom is that kind of person.

Maybe the people behind zodiac signs just studied humans carefully, before "making something up". We can't know for sure if it is right, but those things were probably made many years ago, when artists used to analyse a whole horse before strocking the paper.

I have noticed too that the relationship thing isn't very accurate, and even if it actually is accurate, people want different types of relationships, they can almost choose for themselves, while personalities in general isn't a choice. One thing I don't get is how the time of birth can have an impact. But it seems like the basics come from there.

One of the best, most accurate reads I've ever come across on the topic is Linda Goodman's Sun Signs.

[Image: 51Ttu%2B7PnxL._SX294_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I do tend to find zodiac to be somewhat accurate the majority of the time. On the other hand? I don't particularly believe in horoscopes, or maybe it's not so much that I don't believe as that I don't think those writing them are really doing the work involved to give any form of accuracy, as I'm sure the stars, moon, planets might have some sort of energy influence upon us (just look what the moon does to the oceans yeah?) but interpreting that influence would take a good deal of work, I think. I don't think most horoscopes you read in newspapers, websites, etc really go through the process.

I don't find zodiacs any more credible than psychic hamsters secretly ruling the world.

But I do love my star sign.
Aries. Same name as the Greek god of war and associated with Mars which is that God's Roman name.

And I'm sure we all agree it's a pretty neato planet.

That and the cool pagany ram symbol.

Senpaija Wrote:The zodiac signs can never be completely correct, as most people say, 10% is missing, and the 10% is what makes us unpredictible.

Planets and stars do not resemble personalities, everything within the zodiac star is named and based of changes that happens in real life. In reality, planets and stars are just symbols of every aspect within different personalities.

Venus for example is a symbol for beauty, physical touch and is mostly feminine. It is simply a shorter and better way. Smile

But I respect people who don't like it, as long as they know why they dom't like it.

I think that's the important thing to remember, it's symbolic. And on a moderate sized rock spinning through one galaxy in what is most likely a multiverse, rather than universe, in what is most likely a fluke occurrence- the life on this planet, humans search for meaning, if we don't know it for sure (as much as anyone can know anything- the history of science shows us just how political that field is!), then we search for meaning through signs and symbols, these then form stories. It's our ability to communicate this way that makes us unique beings. I guess it's a search for certainty in an uncertain world; mathematicians do it, so why not astrologers? If it helps rather than harms, that's a good thing. But of course, we must all take responsibility for ourselves and our actions, but sometimes it is nice to leave things to providence!

Hmmm it is early in the morning and this possibly makes no sense! Haha! :-)

Genersis Wrote:The trick with writing these things is to be so broad and general that they could apply to just about anyone.
So yeah, my own sign sounds accurate, as does most of the others.

A silly idea perhaps, but if the positioning of the planets did impact our personalities and destinies, what impact would travelling thousands of light years from the solar system have on a person?
Is their range of influence infinite?
Would a person born in another system be affected by those nearby planets instead? Or is there something special about our solar system?

The whole idea just comes off as completely baseless to me.

I love your thought processes behind this analysis! :-)