• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a puzzle
do you know this one?

http://brain-dropping.blogspot.com/2014/12/riddle.html

Took me a few minutes
C
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I had to cheat and look up the answer. I am absolutely terrible at these kind of riddles.

Well, I disagree with [MENTION=20922]Bhp91126[/MENTION] , I think it is more likely "D" … but then I'm not great at these things … and [MENTION=12402]Miles[/MENTION] , I'd happily cheat if I knew *how* to… :redface:

My (possibly lame) logic is that D can see B and C and think there *might* be a pattern, white and black alternating. But I don't see how D (or any of them) could be 100% certain. How can D know the pattern isn't white, white, black, black? Moreover, if we go with Bhp91126's favored C, although it is true, he knows B is white, that doesn't necessarily mean he, C, is black. The pattern could be black, white, white, black. In that case, D *would* know 100% what his color was.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I googled "4 men kidnapped by psycho riddle". The explanation I saw was that C knows that neither A or B could answer with certainty, and the only way that D could answer with certainty was if there were two of the same color hats (those for B and C) in front of D, meaning the other two (A and D) would HAVE to be the other color. Since D did not answer, C knew that D was uncertain, so B's color had to be the opposite of C's color. If B's color is white, C's must be black.

C can think things through really fucking well under pressure of a death threat, lemme tell you.

Miles Wrote:I googled "4 men kidnapped by psycho riddle". The explanation I saw was that C knows that neither A or B could answer with certainty, and the only way that D could answer with certainty was if there were two of the same color hats (those for B and C) in front of D, meaning the other two (A and D) would HAVE to be the other color. Since D did not answer, C knew that B's color had to be the opposite of B's color. Since B's color is white, C's is black.
Had I been C I wouldn't a thunk a that and we'd all be dead. :eek:

I edited my post to hopefully make it more clear

I tried to give my explanation, which was what Miles wrote, and hide it, so you'd have to highlight it, but there is no font-color that looks like the grey background...Headscratch
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

yeah, C is correct.

this would make for an interesting game on someone's birthday or some event. to see how many people actually would figure this out in real life.

Bhp91126 Wrote:I tried to give my explanation, which was what Miles wrote, and hide it, so you'd have to highlight it, but there is no font-color that looks like the grey background...Headscratch

You can use spoiler tags

Spoiler: