Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bottoming after hemorrhoidectomy
how durable is the virus, pre infection, on the skin surface?
would say; taking a shower significantly reduce the risk.

pellaz Wrote:how durable is the virus, pre infection, on the skin surface?

i'm no expert but i doubt it
seems all it takes is a cell to find a tiny little nook (micro-abrasion) in the skin to take root.

pellaz Wrote:how durable is the virus, pre infection, on the skin surface?

I doubt it would reduce the risk, though I don't know of any studies looking at that subject. My inclination, from what I know from my days of studying immunology in the past, is that there's little you can do apart from avoiding skin contact (which means condoms reduce risk but aren't totally effective because not all skin is covered). The majority of people will get infected with HPV at some point, usually non-wart causing harmless strains, so there's not much to do beyond limiting the amount of people you have sex with (and the amount of people the people you have sex with have sex with) to limit exposure risk. We know how to make effective HPV vaccines now too, so there's always that option, and in the future there will probably be a wider range of HPV strains preventable with a fairly affordable vaccine, which at the moment costs you around 1000$ if you aren't insured. The current Gardasil vaccine protects against the 2 most common strains of genital wart causing HPV, which is no help to anon but might be of use to other men.