Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cats eradication
the world is a dog eat dog world and the strongest survive....

the end

if anyone is gonna deal with the cats, the wisest strategy would be to spay and neuter to begin with.

anyone gonna come at the cats in my neighborhood is gonna have to come through me... there is never an excuse for cruelty to any animal. there are always options.

Varanus, with all due respect, is everyone in Australia as barbaric as you?

Veranus I'm extrapolating every word you said and replacing cats with humans...

rover330 Wrote:Varanus, with all due respect, is everyone in Australia as barbaric as you?

Well to be honest, in Oceania, due to such a long time of isolation, our respective ecosystems are extremely different to other landmasses and volatile.

If you've ever seen a show called Border Patrol, that sort of explains how sensitive Australia in particular is.

New Zealand is similar. We only had birds, no mammals except bats, until we were introduced to foreign animals, many of which become pests and endanger our rare animals and plants.

We sort of have to be really cold blooded, because time isn't on our side, and we have protect the species that are at risk.

We were taught in primary school that ferrets and possums etc. are dangerous pests and to be killed, it was quite gruesome how they described the poison to us. Apparently it causes huge internal haemorrhaging. o_o

I don't think ferrets and things are evil, but what else can we do?

But cats are adorable Big Grin I love cats. Theyre just dangerous and awful.

zeon Wrote:the world is a dog eat dog world and the strongest survive....

the end

Best adapted, not strongest.Rolleyes

rover330 Wrote:Varanus, with all due respect, is everyone in Australia as barbaric as you?

rover330...Do you live here? Have you seen first hand the destruction that feral animals have done and are still doing too both the nations of AUS and NZ as we write?
I thought not.
So when you put myself into a barbaric reference please think twice before doing so.
In my line of work (Mining Industry) 5 or 6 times a year for a good 2 to 3 weeks we do an environmental spell where we go out with environmental teams both from a federal,state and privately funded projects and help conduct surveys on the native flora and fauna, track and tag captured native animals, help in the eradication of feral cats, dogs, goats and pigs by setting baits, traps and shooting as well as replanting native plants into the subjected areas.
So ive seen first hand the damage and destruction that these animals are having on our ever so fragile ecosystems and have seen the bounce back of species that haven't been seen in a certain area for over 3 decades after the successful eradication of these feral animals and the reconstruction of vital elements within the river system and other key areas.
So if you consider that as barbaric, I can see you have one twisted mind set and utterly no understanding of just how fragile the Australian ecosystem is.

Save the kitties!

Rawr Wrote:[Image: kiwi_bird.jpg]

Hope they're not eating the Kiwi's D:

It's the Possums eating there eggs that's the problem.

rover330 Wrote:if anyone is gonna deal with the cats, the wisest strategy would be to spay and neuter to begin with.

anyone gonna come at the cats in my neighborhood is gonna have to come through me... there is never an excuse for cruelty to any animal. there are always options.

It's not cruelty to animals. The animals will be culled of quickly and painlessly. It's unfair to expect these animals to survive on there own with all the European introduced animals. The animal cruelty came from the Europeans introduced pests. Cats are killing out wiled life. I don't care if a few die to protect out wildlife. I'm not a heartless person, actually I'm a vary loving person and love animals and am against animal cruelty.