Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ch4 broadcast daily Muslim prayer!
partisan Wrote:Yes but like someone said, all terrorists seem to be muslims. And theres muslims who openly support terrorism & hate speech who are in everyday life.

I understand where you are coming from with that Partisan. I think that the world balance has been changing and the Europe doesn't know how to deal with that. You can see how many problems are in Germany and France and perhaps in other countries too.

We have several mosques in our country and Muslims had to "fight" - peacefully - for every one. Yes, we fear Muslims. Because the bad ones are very bad and they make sure they are seen. They are fanatics and it is hard to deal with a fanatic.

Even though it seems like something natural to have prayers broadcast on TV, I can understand that you are upset.

When we read about the protests against the law that forbid wearing hijab, many people here say "If they don't want to respect our way of living, they should return to their country..."

I am really torn. Thankfully, we don't have any problems here (yet?)

...the mind really does boggle.

You're "sad and angry" because Channel 4 is acknowledging a religion through prayer... and you find this offensive because a small number of people who follow that religion have committed atrocities?

Because nobody ever killed people before the Muslims came along...
(I say with extreme sarcasm)

Quite frankly, the fact that you referred to their religion as "bizarre" says a lot, and I hardly think a single prayer once a day at 4am is forcing anything "down your throat".

It's called a remote.

If cultural sensitivity is so beyond you, change the bl**dy channel.

"Someone said" all terrorists are Muslims? Oh well, I say that bunny rabbits are all part of a conspiracy to kill us in our sleep... so it must be true! I mean, if someone says something, that's just completely infallible evidence right there... how could it possibly be tainted by prejudice, or stupidity, or just plain ignorance xD

And what exactly is your point in regards to the fact that elderly and young people might be awake at the hour these prayers are aired? Are you trying to say it would be inappropriate for them to hear a prayer? I'm assuming if these were good 'ol Christian prayers you'd find it perfectly acceptable?

...everything you've said in this thread makes me feel very troubled =/

And no, I don't think that just because you're gay you should be tolerant.
You should be tolerant, because you're human.

The fact that you yourself are also a member of a minority, which has had it's fair share of close-mindedness, bad treatment, ridiculous assumptions, cruel stereotypes, and bad treatment... just like the Muslims, and many other non-Christian religions, shouldn't make you tolerant - but it should make you at least a little bit empathetic to the kind of treatment they receive! Minorities like ours have enough trouble, without joining in on the mistreatment of other minorities...

Thanks for your thoughtful reply Nick Smile likewise i feel torn.

Hikari Wrote:They can watch other channel maybe ?

I see lot of Christian thing on TV now but I don't think is being forced on me . . . I just watch some thing else . . .

The United Kingdom is a collection of Christian countries.

I smell a troll.

Hikari goes from pigeon English, to better English than me, from thread to thread.

Just saying.

Englishman Wrote:I smell a troll.

Hikari goes from pigeon English, to better English than me, from thread to thread.

Just saying.

(0_o") I study English at University but is not my first language . Some time I do not remember proper English but some time I can or Megumi is helping me . . .

Then I apologise if I am wrong.
I'm not sure what a Megumi is?

Englishman Wrote:Then I apologise if I am wrong.
I'm not sure what a Megumi is?

Megumi is my wife . . . She is a member of GaySpeak also . . .

Englishman Wrote:I smell a troll.

Just saying.

I smell paranoia. I don't see how anything Hikari has said indicates trolling.

Miles Wrote:I smell paranoia. I don't see how anything Hikari has said indicates trolling.

I don't call it paranoia, I call it perception.

And I apologised.