Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chit chat with an over 50 for giggles
i was going to leave but im still here

why i dont know

im have computer problems loading this site

i am having personal messages disappearing after i read them and maybe some before i see them

i think the server is screwed here or something or its my computer

now i think i see one message reappear in box

this is all too complicated for me.

The site has its glitches, love it or leave it.

afraid to even post on some threads

i get some backlash from some

does this site have more than one moderator?

who are they?

my avatar is from some little street Arabs link and homeless kids from 1890 new york

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/201...e-reversed

what will it take to reserve this stuff?

does canada or france have this homeless problem?

https://www.google.com/search?q=street+a...a=N&tab=wi

its sick kids lived like that

maybe not as bad in 2012

STREET ARABS.—Any one who has had occasion to visit in, or even walk through, the narrow, evil-smelling courts and alleys where lodge the lowest and most destitute of the London poor cannot help having been struck with the number of tiny, dirty, half-clothed children who run about and play on the muddy pavements. What will be their future? Abandoned perhaps at an early age by their parents, or having parents who are worse than no parents, driven by hunger to steal, will not they soon pass from ignorance to vice?
Many people seem to think that London street arabs are naturally too bad to be reclaimed; but this is by no means the truth, as you will see when I tell you a few instances of their gratitude and affection.
Very often the ragged-school teacher—poor enough himself—has to give a piece of bread to one of his class, to keep the child from fainting, and there are ‘refuges’ attached to the schools, where some of the poorest of the scholars are fed and lodged until employment can be found for them. The late Lord Shaftesbury was the leader of the philanthropists who first recognised the need of rescuing ragged children from their terrible life. Many London arabs have been sent to the colonies, and there, finding good situations, have lived a healthy life of honest hard work. A group of these emigrants, well-*behaved and fine lads, insisted on being known as ‘Lord Shaftesbury’s boys,’ and by their loyalty and grateful remembrance of those who had helped them induced a wealthy Australian gentleman to aid, very substantially, the London ragged schools. One youth, who emigrated to South Africa, got on in life so well that he was able to send £12 to the refuge where he had been sheltered in his days of misfortune, and asked for a lad to be chosen from out of those in the institution, and sent to him as an apprentice. Equally good work is done by Dr. Stephenson’s Children’s Home in Bonner Road.
But some of these poor, dirty children help those who are poorer still. The other day a teacher in a ragged school was passing through some courts surrounding his dwelling, when he came suddenly upon a group of his tattered scholars—boys who gained their livings in the streets by selling papers or sweeping crossings, and of whom many had no home. They were whispering together in eager tones, and about what do you think it was?
They were discussing the hard case of a boy, who seemed to them to be worse off than they themselves were, and had subscribed amongst them the sum, of eighteenpence, to get him some food and lodging, telling the teacher that poor fellow, he had nothing to eat and no home.’

http://www.victorianlondon.org/childhood...tarabs.htm

some may say kids are better off now but in foster homes they are killed and abused

alex jones discusses this a lot

florida is very corrupt they say-where about 500 kids disapeared in foster homes and they dont know where they are

HollandofFrance Wrote:afraid to even post on some threads
i get some backlash from some

for me some of your social views are not as expected. All that given I am not thinking to change my self and all is good for your thinking. I cant contribute in a positive way so i confess I should staying out of the kitchen.

pellaz Wrote:for me some of your social views are not as expected. All that given I am not thinking to change my self and all is good for your thinking. I cant contribute in a positive way so i confess I should staying out of the kitchen.

thanks for the cryptic reply-i dont know what it means

since you dont agree with everything i say you insist on harping on one issue?or is it 10 issues?frustrating

things seem worse under obama in some ways i think-thats the big issue?

frustrating

hello,
You shouldnt leave try downloading registery mechanic it is a product u pay for but it does sort out alot of issues occurring