Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crossdresser outed by boss ,help!
swalter Wrote:If your boss is making inappropriate jokes at your expense, or discussing your sexual proclivities with co-workers, that's sexual harassment and you should go to upper management immediately. Document each and every instance of his harassing behavior, and see an employment attorney if it continues after bringing it to his supervisor's attention. This is serious, and it will only continue if you don't speak up and take action. Even if you think you can deal with the jokes, remaining silent gives them consent to continue and potentially do this to someone else.

Sadie, you have a legal right not to be harassed in this way. You owe it to yourself to stand up for your rights.

In addition, make sure you speak with the person in charge of HR in addition to your boss' supervisors. Go through all the paperwork they give you, and make sure they get the correct and complete picture.

thanks everyone I will have to find the courage to face this head-on and deal with it. this is a small shop with only 3 employees and an owner. I'm an auto tech and I really like this shop. Today at work everything seemed back to normal, I think everyone has realized I'm gay for a long time but it was a unspoken type of thing, the person that brought my dating site pic to my bosses attention was the real evil person, maybe just the shock of seeing me in dress was a little much for him and he did not know how to react? if things remain normal for a week or so I may just let sleeping dogs lie. If not I think I will take your advice and confront him I do not want to be uncomfortable in the work place I spend 10hrs. a day there. thanks again for the response it helped just to write it down. love and kisses your friend Sadie.

thank you everyone, I will take your advice it seems I need to confront the issue.