Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exercise
So I was running about 3 miles a day, 3-4 days a week, but i recently started lifting weights, and just havent had the energy to keep the run up, that coupled with a fit of insomnia where i didnt sleeep for 4 days anyway.

Anyway, my question is to anyone out there who is into keeping in shape, have you ever just run out of energy from working out to much? Will I regain my stamina or am I going to have to rewrite my schedule?

I should mention that we lift for about an hour and a half each night.

Try and change your diet of what you eat/drink to increase your energy levels?

I second rawr but also,

1) If this is the first time you've weight trained/first time in a while, then you should expect to be tired for a while before you get used to the new regimen.

2) Cardio and strength training take some careful planning to get right if you're going to train in both areas seriously. Perhaps you should ease up on the cardio a bit; maybe work it into the strength training as a warm up/warm down; 2km to warm up, 2 to warm down,

Also, I'm not sure how much expertise you'll be able to avail of here on this site, you might want to check out about.exercise forums or the runner's world forums. Those are my first stops if I have a training issue.

HUGz,
Ceru

I just wanted to check here first, kind of a one stop cure all here Tongue

I also have to keep my cardio up because i have a minor genetic blood pressure problem.

ok, well hope I helped a little Big Grin and good luck with your exercise!!!

YEah, eating habits are very important. Also, I think that you should focus on either cardio or weight lifting. I mean, for example, today you do cardio only, and then tomorrow weight liftin only. :]
You've heard of Davey Wavey, right? If not, this may be helpful:

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com

You certainly can combine both Cardio and weight training in one day if you like but you will find you have to eat more because you are going to burn more. What people who are beginers often fail to account for is that when they start a new form of exercise they don't figure in the calories they will be burning in addition to what they were before. The other thing you have to consider with weight training is what you are eating. There is no magic number but if you are going to start using a lot more weight training in your plan you probably need to increase your intake of protein to support the muscle building you're trying to accomplish. Most average people can burn 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight through exercise, that's a good starting point. If you get really into the weights you will probably need to push that number up but for people who are average fit people it's a good place to begin from. And don't forget to pace yourself, a lot of people try to jump in too fast because when you first start you see big gains in how much you can lift, just take it easy and don't go too far too fast that's how you hurt yourself.
Richard

thanks ardus, my buddy has been lifting for almost 10 years and he is teaching me and making sure i dont overextend. my problem isnt lifting too much its control, i can push out alot more weight but i cant keep it in place so thats what im focusing on right now.

I was told to take afterglow as a supplement, its supposed to help accelerate healing with vitamins and amino acids and the like. not so much on protein though, I dont have a problem with that though, i get plenty i have a healthy diet.